turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sunday Morning Gobbler

Started by gobblerroller, March 25, 2012, 02:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobblerroller

Yesterday I hunted all day long and probably put about 5 or 6 miles worth of walking in. Saw a ton of gobblers, but they were all henned up and could care less about my calling. This morning NO birds gobbled off the roost. Heard one at about 8 and got him to start talking to me but he shut up and never would come in. I walked across a pond dam to another big field and belly crawled about 200 yards up to the edge. There were two big gobblers strutting about 150 yards away out in the field. They were stuck like glue to a hen. I called a little and they refused to pay any attention. I decided to sneak away and I stalked down through a creek and through tons of little pines to try and get close enough to shoot. Ended up getting about 50 yards away, but the hen was on the edge of the field instead of out in it, and the gobblers wouldn't come out far enough from the edge to give me a shot. They ended up following the hen down a firebreak, and I snuck through the thick stuff trying to get ahead of them. I didn't get ahead, but I got 30 yards behind them. I belly crawled out into the firebreak and let this one have it. Couldn't be happier with my second turkey!  :toothy9:
Hunt while you can. You don't have forever...

Gobble!

JVA54

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

Stoney Creek

Attaboy. You did what it took to make it happen!!!! Congrats

boomer

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

VA_Birdhunter

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

AndyH

swamp_bird89

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

timbrhuntr

pseshooter300

Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

mnturkey

SEMPER FI

Hognutz

Congrats on a very nice gobbler..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.