Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Can a LIE really be THAT bad? Devotional 3/25/12

Started by pappy, March 25, 2012, 11:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Ever tell a whopper? The one that got away? Most of us have, at least I know I did....it always made for a great story. It really didn't hurt anyone did it?
First define a lie....."Knowingly speaking a mistruth to decieve others."  Blatantly saying something you know is not true, in order to meet the approval of others or to fool others into believeing what you are speaking is true, for your benefit.
How bad is that?

Proverbs 6:16-19
King James Version (KJV)

16: These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18: An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19: A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
Wow...........that's pretty tough to swallow. This is why I believe that we as mankind devised a way to seperate us from these words...we came up with "the little white lie".....we KNOW that lying is a sin....Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.....we KNOW lying seperates us from family and God....
God will destroy those who speak falsehood. He abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man. God is true and cannot lie (Titus 1:2). When we lie, He cannot fellowship with us. We separate ourselves from Him.
We KNOW that the consequences of lying are eternal....  So, why do we tell lies? Because we are in the flesh, we are surrounded by fleshly ideals and lying just happens to be one of those things that we are faced with every single day, I always said if you wallow with the hogs long enough you begin to smell like one and live like one and soon noone could tell the difference between you and a hog....
You mean to tell me that if I lie, I could end up in hell fire? Let me answer this with scripture....Revelation 21:8 - All liars will have part in the second death, the lake of fire. NOW WHAT?   I would suggest that we strongly consider the above words and search our hearts, seek out the truth of the Holy Bible, learn from its content on how to avoid the practice of lying, rebuild our relationship with the Lord, Philippians 4:8 - Finally, brethren, whatever things are true ... meditate on these things. Remember your salvation was bought with the blood of Jesus, IT IS IMPORTANT to realize how delicate it is to walk away from it......
Father in heaven, please forgive me if I have offended you with my tongue, my mind or my actions, help to live a lie free life, so that I may becom pleasing to your eyes....in Jesus' name, Amen
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Duke0002

Thank you, Jack.  May the Lord lead us to repent of our sins of lying and deceiving. 

BOFF

Wooeee!!

That's a difficult one to swallow, as I like to joke around a lot. Deffinately got my attention!!

Thanks Jack!!

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

This one will open your eyes, thanks Jack!!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)