OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

12ga. 3.5 New england single shot,26 in full choke.

Started by Lucky Clucker, March 23, 2012, 02:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky Clucker

I was wandering if anyone has this gun or has shot this gun and have a great turkey load for it,mine shoots the Fed. FCW #5 2oz load the best so far, it puts around 12 pellets in the Brain and spine at 35 yards,I want to try some heavyweight in #7,all post will be appreciated thanks.
Hunt every day as if it were your last.

Lucky Clucker

Anyone? hello ,I'm sure some one you know has shot this style of gun? Just curiose.

wis. bowhunter

I had one and could never get it to pattern very good at all. That gun was brutal to shoot. I got rid of it and got the nef 10 guage and it doesn't kick half as bad as the 12 did.

Lucky Clucker

Yep it is a kiscker,mine has a recoil pad, and a weighted stock,it shoots the older remington hevi shot 3in 6's good, (out of them), and 3in, fed, fcw lead cp 5's,with just a full choke it is about good as it can be,it is a great deer gun with FCW 00buckshot,hope it like the #7's I'm getting for it,this is the gun my son mostly hunts with. I have a super x-2 3.5,he will use it some when we not going to cover much ground,lol.Thanks.

Lucky Clucker

I shot a 3 in. fed. HW,1 5/8 oz. load of 7's, in it at 40 yards, had 44 hits to the head and neck,116 in the paper, 11 x 8.5, and 111 in a 10 in. circle,the pattern was even and had a small 6inch  core  to it, overall pattern was about 30 inches, with fliers, a good killing pattern, they shot through a 2in diameter tree too, alot of power and penetration!

drenalinld

I have a New England pardner 12 ga that came with a modified barrel. I sent it to H and R and had it fitted with a 3.5" turkey barrel that accepts screw in chokes. It will put 180 - 200 pellets in a 10" circle at 40 yards with Winchester XX 2.25 oz #6 lead through a Kicks 0.665 gobbling thunder. After you shoot it, it will be 10 to 15 seconds before your remember anything. Never had anything kick like that! I am pretty sure I had a concussion after shooting it several times in one day. It is light weight and I love to carry it on long treks or up and down hills. It will smoke em with the 28" barrel.

That fed 7's load will do you a fine job. Hit extremely hard!