Got my Gun Back From Rob Roberts/Gobbler Guns Today

Started by st8tman, March 20, 2012, 12:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

pullit

He has done work for me before and is someone I would do business with again.

HoggleGobble

benellinut

Rob has my super vinci right now getting tuned up he also did my sbe2 and it throws awesome patterns with heavy 13 #7 :z-winnersmiley:

allaboutshooting

Rob does excellent work and always has a great turn-around time. He's also a very nice man.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Byhalia

This is some awesome information....thanks to all !!!!     :thanks:
~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

reynolds243

was gonna start a thread but decided to just add to this one for anyone looking to have work done on a gun.

I sent my SBE2 into rob as well for the forcing code, porting, trigger and to have it dipped in bottomland camo and let me say it was refreshing to call a company and the owner answers the phone. I just shot the bull with Rob and Jonathan talking about hunting and guns in general for 20mins or more which was awesome. Well they did a great job on the gun except they actually dipped it in the wrong camo the first time so i called and they said to send it back and they would fix it and put a rush on it...they were very apologetic about the whole thing and made it right quickly.  I was a bit pissed i had to spend another $40 to send the gun back for an issue that was not mine but ill get to that in a bit.   

Got the gun back the 2nd time and it looked SWEET! My fav part of Robs dipping process is they beedblast the entire gun down to metal when they dip them so they are not just adding stuff on top of old camo or bluing.  The work they did all was top notch and it has done great in the duck blind and the dove field so far and i am DYING for it to warm up so i can start doing some pattern testing. 

fast forward 2 months and I bought a steady grip stock and decided to sent it into Robs to get it dipped to match my gun. Well i spoke to Jonathan and told him who i was and that i was sending in my stock to get dipped to match and he remembered who i was right away (which was impressive seeing as its been 3 months since i last called up there).  Well i was asking about chokes and what not and he said "hey man, seeing as you had to pay to ship your gun back before to get it fixed how about I just give you one of our chokes for $30 to make up for it"

It was a deal i could not turn down as i wanted one of theirs to try anyways. Overall I have been nothing but impressed with Rob and his crew and he will get my business without question going forward.

Anyone looking to get stuff done on their gun should really look them up.. Also their prices on dipping were the best i found for the quality of work they did.