Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

anyone know ware I can find these woods..

Started by Nyturkeyslayer, March 19, 2012, 08:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nyturkeyslayer

Im looking to buy some butter nut and osage orange if anyone knows ware I can buy some and have shipped to me let me know,
Thanks matt

dreis3

Dave's right, check out the bay....  And I'm not sure what kind of blanks or dimensions you're looking for but Matt Mclain, mmclain here on OG, did have a ton of Osage pots, you might want to try PM'ing him and  :welcomeOG:

-Derick
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

lightsoutcalls

What dimensions on the wood and what kind of calls are you looking to make from it?  I know where I can get some 1" thick butternut, but that wouldn't help much for box calls unless you are making glued calls.  Check with Matt McClain for osage as was mentioned, or try Grand River Hardwoods in Pryor, OK at 918-434-2870.  If you call, ask for Virgil and tell him Wendell Rye sent you.  Be ready to talk awhile.  ;D  Virgil and Wayne are good folks and will treat you right.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

stone road turkey calls

on ebay try  seller hornmountainwoods in the lumber section he sells reclaimed osage
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

magnoliagamecalls

Wendell,
            Is Virgil and Wayne back up running? I have tried to call them without any success.

lightsoutcalls

Call on Tuesdays or Fridays.  Virgil had some health problems and is getting back in the shop more frequently.  He may be there more than the 2 days a week.  Wayne has been working in the oil/gas fields with his brother who bought some kind of oil/gas business.  Virgil said Wayne is feeling the need to get out of that field and back into the wood business... money in the field may be hard to pull away from...
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

woodwzrd

I have some 1 and 2 inch butternut that I may be able to help you out with. The 1" is pretty wormy and the 2" is clear.

MS

When buying Osage, make sure it's not the variety from South America that some guys on eBay are selling without noting it's from SA.