turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Need choke advice for 11-87 super mag

Started by clinkennuts@yahoo.com, February 23, 2011, 08:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clinkennuts@yahoo.com

I just got an 11-87 super mag and looking for the best choke for my gun and ammo combo. I'll be shooting winchester supreme 3.5". Does anyone have personal experience or factual info on this combo.

SR1

I have a .675 nu-line choke that I use in mine with the load you are asking about. It gives good numbers but I have a 28 inch bbl on mine and with the tube in it its a 30 inch bbl. I use mine for waterfowl most generaly and hunt with the 835 for turkey.
Death Smiles At Everyone - Marines Smile Back
Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Brawl
Happiness Is A Belt-Fed Weapon
[/url]

VAHUNTER

the 660 Jelly Head of the .670 PureGold would work great with that combo
Good things come to those who wait

Gobble!

ILIKEHEVI-13

You guys left out a .670 Indian Creek.   :z-guntootsmiley:

joshua

Quote from: Gobble! on February 23, 2011, 09:27:55 PM
go with a .660 jelly head and shoot #6s
Should shoot well with this combo.   :icon_thumright:
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

SumToy

I have pic of targets on the lead page shot with on of SumToy Customs 660.  I will have the HV-13 today.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Reloader

Quote from: slickyboyboo on February 24, 2011, 09:57:19 AM
I wan't to say Reloader sent some of those shells through his 11-87, and they did excellent with an IC BDS .665.

Yep, the ICBDS 665 is a good lead shooter.  The good thing with IC is they will swap you until you find the right constriction for your gun and load.  IC will have a choke that will shine for you.

The JH in either 660 or 665 are also good with lead 6s IME.

For a cheap choke, it will be hard to beat the Ventilator .655

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Reloader on February 24, 2011, 05:12:07 PM
Quote from: slickyboyboo on February 24, 2011, 09:57:19 AM
I wan't to say Reloader sent some of those shells through his 11-87, and they did excellent with an IC BDS .665.

Yep, the ICBDS 665 is a good lead shooter.  The good thing with IC is they will swap you until you find the right constriction for your gun and load.  IC will have a choke that will shine for you.

The JH in either 660 or 665 are also good with lead 6s IME.

For a cheap choke, it will be hard to beat the Ventilator .655

I agree.