News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Trespass Fee Iowa and Missouri

Started by gobbler777, March 17, 2012, 10:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobbler777

UPDATED INFO

The 1100 acres in Iowa is LOADED with turkeys. Pretty sure the Missouri 1000 acres is the same. Both the Iowa and Missouri farms are mostly CRP fields and timber with some scattered crop and food plot fields, streams and ponds. There are also large crop fields,(corn,beans and alfalfa touching the properties)

Would appreciate it if anyone could give me a ball park on trespass fee per acre in that area.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

Philippe

Anywhere from 10-50 an acre, just depends on how well the hunting is up there right now and how many known flocks are on the land. I've seen it go as high as 75 an acre up there.

TRKYHTR

Is it in MO or IA? MO you can buy turkey license over the counter and kill 2 turkeys, and IA is a draw and only kill 1. If I was going to lease a place and only had 1 tag I wouldn't lease it for very much. If they are going to guide on it thats a different story or if there are several people going to hunt it. I will be hunting near Memphis MO this year and will be hunting IA as well. Hunting on some friends land so the price is right. Lol Good luck with the lease.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

bird

In Iowa we pay nothing to hunt.  No such thing as Tresspass fees here when all you have to do is knock on a few doors and ask for permission. Out of state hunters will pay an arm and a leg for one turkey tag though.

gobbler777

Thanks for the replies so far. Philippe thats what I was looking for. TWhat I decribed will not be a guided situation; simply pay to hunt the property for 3 or 5 days Bird: you may not pay to hunt but the out-of-staters sure do; especially for deer hunting. God bless the landowners that let people hunt for free.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

rtsj

In Pa. the goin rate is 7-10 dollars an acre. Few of my buddies lease ground and thats where we are all at.

Roy

gobbler777

UPDATED INFO in FIRST POST

Let me ask in a different way. How much ($$$) per day or 3 day minimum (not season); self-guided for those acerages with good numbers of turkeys?

gobbler777

bird

It's hard to put a dollar amount on ground in Iowa cuz most hunting ground in Iowa is a combination mostly crop ground with a little bit of timber running through it along a creek line or river bottom.  Most landowners reserve the hunting ground for themselves, family or friends.  And then If you're lucky enough you can find a landowner to let you hunt. Quite a bit of the out of staters who hunt in Iowa will buy their own ground to hunt but when crop land average prices runs $9400.00 per acre it is not uncommon to see bulldozers and trackhoes wiping out whole sections of timber to turn it into crop ground.

TRKYHTR

I would say 100.00 a day per person for a tresspass fee. That would be 300.00 for a 3 day hunt per person. Thats fair. In a guided situation it would be 300.00 a day for a 3 day hunt or 900 for a guided 3 day hunt. This is turkey specific. I don't know about deer.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

stinkpickle

Quote from: TRKYHTR on March 19, 2012, 10:04:57 AM
I would say 100.00 a day per person for a tresspass fee...

I agree.  That might be a good start.  You might have to discount the Iowa land during turkey season, if demand is low.  The Missouri place should be easier to sell during turkey season.  The Iowa land should make up for it come deer season, though.

bird

Quote from: stinkpickle on March 19, 2012, 10:25:00 AM

I agree.  That might be a good start.  You might have to discount the Iowa land during turkey season, if demand is low.  The Missouri place should be easier to sell during turkey season.  The Iowa land should make up for it come deer season, though.

I would agree with stinky on that statement. In Iowa if you're chasing corn fed field rats (deer) then you are going to have to pay top dollar for huntin ground. Everyone wants to deer hunt in Iowa and I have no idea why!

VaTuRkStOmPeR

turkey_slayer

Quote from: bird on March 19, 2012, 10:38:17 AM

I agree.  That might be a good start.  You might have to discount the Iowa land during turkey season, if demand is low.  The Missouri place should be easier to sell during turkey season.  The Iowa land should make up for it come deer season, though.

I would agree with stinky on that statement. In Iowa if you're chasing corn fed field rats (deer) then you are going to have to pay top dollar for huntin ground. Everyone wants to deer hunt in Iowa and I have no idea why!

Bird I'm just guessing here but its probably cause of the huge racks yalls deer carry on their heads  ;D

stinkpickle

Quote from: turkey_slayer on March 19, 2012, 11:15:38 AM
Quote from: bird on March 19, 2012, 10:38:17 AM

Bird I'm just guessing here but its probably cause of the huge racks yalls deer carry on their heads  ;D

We call them huge racks "Tiffany Lakosky's"...and the deer have big antlers, too.  WUT???   ;)