OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Kent Fivestar Penetrator

Started by 870BkWht, March 17, 2012, 09:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

870BkWht

Saw these shells somewhere on the internet and wondered if anyone had any shooting experience with this shell.  Its supposed to be loaded with #5 non tox and #5 lead.  Ive shot their fast lead before in a 2 3/4'' #5 squirrel hunting and had good luck with them.  I also did a search for them and saw that not many people are carrying them, I guess due to them being new product.  If I can find a box Im going to buy them. 

savduck

I have some of there straight 5 Impact Matrix tungeston for duck hunting. I have patterned it through turkey chokes. It does Ok.

I know it hammers ducks.....way further than steel.
Georgia Boy

mcgruff1533

I would try it if they made this ammunition in a blend of 6's rather than 5's.    Although a #6 blend would wouldn't make sense if it was named Fivestar :bike2:

philipriley16

keep us posted ive seen it in turkey and turkey hunting magazine along with the hornady stuff really want to try myself

Michigander

Sounds like they borrowed the name from the old Activ shells. Curious how this one performs.

swamppirate

Quote from: Michigander on March 18, 2012, 10:40:17 AM
Sounds like they borrowed the name from the old Activ shells. Curious how this one performs.

Yep...now they need to cram 2 1/4 ounces of it in there!!!
Duty is the most sublime word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less.
Robert E. Lee

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

teke

Kent is the old Active company.

Philippe

I'd like to try those 3 1/2 2 1/4's they have, nobody carries them though.

Michigander