turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Curly Maple

Started by WillowRidgeCalls, March 16, 2012, 08:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillowRidgeCalls

Had a customer ask for an acid stained curly maple call, and this is what I made him. It's a bronze glass over teak. This pot has a little bit of everything in it, she has some sapwood, heartwood, and some blackline spalting, and some great curly stripes. I took it out to the egg lady's farm this aft with 3 strikers just to see what sounded the best with it. I ran a tulipwood, a purpleheart, and a bocote striker on it. When I ran the bocote a bird lit up in the woods behind the barn and I hit him with some cutts, he came out into the corn field followed by 2 other long beards, I watched them search for that hen and then gave them some soft clucks and purrs and they came on the run, they ran past her garage and into her back yard, then the farm dog seen them and ran them off. Too bad no one can hunt that farm  >:( the birds spend all winter in that woods.
Anyway it's headed to IN. and has been proof tested  :D .
Thanks for lookin, Scott
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

chatterbox

Beautiful call as usual Scott!
Looks like it will get the job done nicely! :icon_thumright:

cannonball

Gobblerstopper

Great looking call!!

I'm sure he's going to be happy with it.

scoot12

Scott,  That guy will be mighty happy with that baby,  another killer out of the WillowRidge shop.  Scoot

MarkJM

Wow scott, that looks fantastic. Still in the works with yours. I havent been in the shop lately because work is picking up fast.
MuellerCustomCalls

swampgobbler

is it technically hunting if they jump in the truck with you?  that's a beautiful call and awesome story

Sully53

:icon_thumright  Great call Scott!!

VA_Birdhunter

AWESOME!! I love curly maple!!  :icon_thumright:
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

TarheelTurk

:you_rock: That is one sweet looking call!!!
Grandads Advice : "Sometimes its better to be quit and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubts" LOL

Roostem33

Scott, thats a beautiful call!!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)