Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I think I got a good deal, what do you think?

Started by sugarray, March 16, 2012, 05:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How much do you think I paid per box?

$20
$25
$30
$35
$40

sugarray

Got these at a local gun shop here.  Usually a high priced place.  He said they ordered them in new this year.   I am having him get me 4 more boxes at the same price.   ;D

BIGGUS

Not sure what you paid, but they're about $42 @ BPS!

sugarray

That is what I see them for every where else.  That is why I bought all he had.

wvnut3

trying to figure out where u got them! Jerry?

chatterbox

I will throw my hat in the ring. 30.00 a box.

Philippe

I guessed 35.00, that's what they are at my local GS, but at BP and Cabelas around there they are 40+

sugarray

Yep, $30.  Just couldn't pass it up.  Think they'll do well through my 835 and PG .670!!

cannonball

SKFOOTER

Those look like the original Xtended Range Winchesters that patterned so well befor they became the Elite ones.  If so,  how could they have ordered them new this year???

sugarray

Just what he told me.  I checked each box for leaking buffer and none, either

ILIKEHEVI-13

Well I guessed $20 a box since you made this post. 

But $30 is still cheap.  You done good.  Just think how long it will be before you need anymore turkey ammo.  LOL! 

Nothing like a great find. 

bird

You got a great deal there Ray.  Those are the same exact shells I have for this year and I paid right around $38 a box for them through Midway and I picked up 4 boxes.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/915276/winchester-supreme-elite-xtended-range-turkey-ammunition-12-gauge-3-1-2-2-oz-6-hi-density-shot-box-of-10

sugarray

He thinks he can get more at the same price.  I told him I'd take 4 more boxes.  Just trying to figure out a back up if I get away from TSS.  Too much inconsistency in Hevi for me to want to worry about.  I'll post up patterns from the 835 and PG .670 when I get a chance to shoot!!

bird

I will be very interested in seeing your patterns with your setup.

paladin

My box is old but it had 22.99 on it. I guess it was older than I thought. They are great in my 835.
"have gun-will travel"