Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 3/16/2012 "Do You See What I See?"

Started by BOFF, March 16, 2012, 10:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Good Morning!! What another great day the Lord has made.

I've been pondering this week on what the Lord would have me write, and have been brought here:

Have you ever noticed during the hunting seasons, and particularly for me, turkey season, one starts to hear and see turkeys more? Last Saturday, as I was driving my daughter to her first youth turkey hunt, and  I yelled out, "There's turkeys over there!!" and pointed ahead, and slightly off to the left of the road. I saw a big breasted gobbler facing directly to us, and another by its side..

But wait!!!  It wasn't turkeys at all, but a deer's head and neck facing us, in front of a black stump.

What about hearing things? A  squeak of an gas well as it plunges water from the ground, an old dog barking, or crows calling in the distance, only to be sure it's a turkey. It seems for me the more I think about something, the more I see, and hear it daily.

Putting this into our devotional for today, I got to relating it with my time with God. Shouldn't I be seeing and hearing God just as much, and MORE, than turkeys every day? Ugh Oh!!

Hebrews 12:2
New International Version 1984

2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Brothers and Sisters, may I encourage you to keep your eyes fixed upon Christ. Spend your daily time with Him, to where we see, and hear Christ, as much as we see and hear turkeys!!!!

Heavenly Father,

Thank you for your world and message to me through this devotional. Forgive me of putting turkeys ahead of you through the amount of time I have been thinking about them, and the ways to outsmart them. Help us to continue to study your Word on a daily basis, putting nothing before you. Thank you for the eternal home we have awaiting, and help us to spread the good news of your salvation to all those we see, and to those who see us from afar.

We love you Lord, and ask for your Blessings of safety on our families, friends, and those who venture in the turkey woods.

In Jesus name we ask, and claim these things, Amen!!

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

Great lesson David, I know for myself that I can really get caught up during Turkey season. I think sometimes that if I focused as much on God as I did turkey's, well there is no telling what I might hear. Thanks for the great reminder!!!!

Have a Blessed week,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Duke0002