OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How Many Plan On Shooting Hevi-13 #7's This Spring

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, March 16, 2012, 05:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

Just out of curiosity, wondering how many folks here plan on busting some turkeys with the Hevi-13 #7's this spring?  I know I'll be using them again some and I might even shoot some Hevi-13 #6 loads that I have.  The 7's are becoming more popular every year and with good reason since the majority of folks that try them have seen what they will do to a turkey.  I know I'm sold on them.  And good luck to everyone this season.  Keep all your shots on target and your range within lethal distance. 

Philippe

They shoot like crap out of both guns for me, so the 835 is using lead this spring and the 870 20 ga will be shooting Fed heavyweights.

longspur

DirtNap647

i will be shooting 7's but i may  buy some 6's local gun shop has the 6's for $22 7's i gotta order for $30 +shipping

chipper

Borden811

I'll be using my old stock of 7's. Not so sure what I'll be doing with the 6 boxes of new ones I just got, since they don't pattern as well as I would like.

bluetick58

Tom Foolery

I am shooting the 3.5" 2.25oz #7's lot #300500.  When they are gone I will be going back to lead 6's because I am getting 140-150 out of the 3.5" HV Winchesters.

MUSHCREEK

I'm shooting the 7's in the 3 in gun and 6's in the 3.5.. I got 219@40 with the 3 in gun with an unpolished barrel anda hevi choke.

gophert

No doubt I will be shooting them from the 12 ga 870....I just happen to have a few boxes of Lot#300325 still laying around.  I guess they were born to kill!   :z-guntootsmiley:

ILIKEHEVI-13

You guys are right about lot 300325.  How would you like to be the gobbler standing at 40yds and take a face full of shot from that load that puts over 300+ in a 10"?  How in the heck would you see tomorrow?   :funnyturkey:

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: Philippe on March 16, 2012, 06:04:25 AM
They shoot like crap out of both guns for me, so the 835 is using lead this spring and the 870 20 ga will be shooting Fed heavyweights.

I think you need to play some more.   Send me your gun after the season is over and I will show you how well it in fact shoots.   :lol:

goblr77

ILIKEHEVI-13

fountain2

Well brad, I've shot a few testing different stuff in my guns and got some great patterns, but never got to hunt with them last year cause I tagged out before I got to.  

I've had some bbl trouble the last week due to stupidness, but its coming back and the hevi 7s are loaded and headed to Florida tonight.   I hope I get a chance to try one, but the 20 w/tss is the main rig.  

U right...I just can't see one walking off with the patterns like im getting.