turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Benelli nova choke and load

Started by ThetoddFather, March 16, 2012, 02:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThetoddFather

Hey everybody. This is my first year hunting turkey and I need some advice on choke tube and load combos for a benelli nova. What are all your recommendations?  Thanks for all your help!

allaboutshooting

Quote from: ThetoddFather on March 16, 2012, 02:40:50 AM
Hey everybody. This is my first year hunting turkey and I need some advice on choke tube and load combos for a benelli nova. What are all your recommendations?  Thanks for all your help!

First of all, welcome to OG. We're glad you're here and know you'll enjoy it. Also, congratulations on taking up the great sport of turkey hunting. You may have changed your life forever.

I shoot a lot of guns and chokes and have found a few that work very well with the Nova, as have my readers.

I'd recommend either the Hevi-13 Turkey choke, the SSX or the Wright's #3 with your gun. They're all quite different but all work well.

I'd also recommend the you try the 3" Hevi-13 "Bronze" shells with 2 oz. of #6 or #7 shot. They both work well.

One of the best things that you can do is to "Deep Clean" the bore of your gun. It will help regardless of the choke you choose.

Again, welcome to OG, have a great season and please let me know if I can be of help.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

ThetoddFather

Thanks so much Clark. That is a lot of really helpful information. I'm really excited for the season to start and this will help me .  Thanks again!

redleg06

I hunted with the Nova for a lot of years and killed a lot of turkey with it. I always stuck with a Pure Gold 670 and it did very well with Hevi #6's and the Mag Blends. I got great patterns with both shooting those two loads in the 3 1/2" shells.

good luck!