turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Who Is Headed To Florida?

Started by Hookspur, February 23, 2011, 05:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hookspur

With less than a month to go before Florida's central zone turkey season, I'm starting to get pumped-up and excited. This will be my 22nd year of hunting and guiding down there, and I absolutely cannot wait for opening day to arrive!!! Who else is going, and are you hunting public or private lands? I guide on some excellent private property, but hunt on crowded public (as if there's any other kind......).

Jay

Depends on my Boss buying if he doesn't let me go I'm calling in sick. ;D He's probably going to say he can find my repacement a lot cheaper and younger.  :-\

gotcha

I'm here now and will be hunting the south zone opener on public land but I do have in my possesion a highly coveted special opp permit for that particular public ground.Good luck to everyone headed this way!And leave your rifles,the state finally accepted the fact they are unsafe in the spring woods,atleast on public

ChiefBubba

Any OG members coming to Florida is welcome to give me a shout maybe we can hook up and hunt someplace or if nothing else just meet up. I'm hunting all public land this year. Chief.

camp man

I will be... Wait, I am already here..

Cove

I'll be headed down to the public lands of the south zone from the 5th to the 13th. . . .  :you_rock:

OLE RASPY

Ill be there on 23rd 24th 25th 26th on private.

BoWhoop

Hey Doc, my oldest son is driving down solo to hunt public.  You gonna be in SC this year?

kdavis31

I'm already here!  Armed with a quota permit, spec opp permit and some crowded WMA's!

whitelightning

I'll be headed down for my first try at Osceolas.  Going to be hunting public land.  I can't wait to be back in the woods chasing them long beards!

Tail Feathers

Our group is getting that itch.  Probably for 2012 tho.   Good luck down there Doc!  Tell Charlie we said hey.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

RutnNStrutn

I'm here. :lol:  Got skunked on the quotas, did get a Spec Ops hunt that I have always scored on in the past, and am working on some private land to get a shot at my 2nd bird. If I don't get permission for any of that, I'll be hunted the crowded WMA's that don't require a quota permit.

swamp_bird89

Ya'll are wasting your time no birds down here....bad hatches the past few years.... ;D

FttFttVroom!

Not sure when I'm going but I've got an open invite along with a cousin in the armed forces to a private rance covered in turkey.  He is supposed to return from Afghanistan soon and we will hammer out the details.

Jay

Quote from: Hookspur on February 23, 2011, 05:38:38 PM
You were looking for a job when you found that one.....right?  ;)
That went way too easy. Looks like a done deal. Said he'
d look at my plans, and make a final decision, but doesn't see a problem.