turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lil Trumpet..........pappy

Started by pappy, March 15, 2012, 05:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

Turned this from what is supposed to be Blood wood, but I am thinking if it is it must be old stuff because the coloring id off, looks  more like Pink Ivory to me...what you all think? Has a Buffalo Horn mouthpiece and brass ferule...The lanyard has a little shotgun shell I turned out of a brass swedge lock fitting and some transparent red acrylic. It locks the spring in place.....I am going to sell this one....pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

ccleroy

Pretty Trumpet, it still could be bloodwood Pap, I've got some with streaks that could easily pass for Pink Ivory....and from what I've seen of the blood I've turned if it just sits and is not sealed/finished it loses it's color most of the time.

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

pappy

Quote from: ccleroy on March 15, 2012, 06:00:13 PM
Pretty Trumpet, it still could be bloodwood Pap, I've got some with streaks that could easily pass for Pink Ivory....and from what I've seen of the blood I've turned if it just sits and is not sealed/finished it loses it's color most of the time.
Yeah, I know about the browning of the wood left untreated. that is why I am wondering about this wood, I bought it in 4" thick 8X8's waxed but the wood just isn't where it should be being cut from those kind of hunks.  Unless it was so old before they waxed it...
tel...573-380-8206

cannonball

handcannon

vaturkey

Fine lookin trumpet Pappy !    :icon_thumright:

Vaturkey

merocustomcalls

pappy

tel...573-380-8206

CallMaker

Pappy, you amaze me with the imagination you can put into your calls....The little shotgun shell on the lanyard is as awesome as the call!   :drool:
Steven