OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

You might be addicted to turkey hunting if...

Started by DeadEye09, March 14, 2012, 01:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey_slayer

Quote from: coyotetrpr on March 14, 2012, 07:27:11 PM
The month of April you change your alarm clock to one you bought from Cabelas. (Broken Silence) Sculpture of a turkey that cuts, gobbles, and the snooze is a shotgun blast.

Quote from: JohnDoe on March 14, 2012, 08:18:57 PM
Quote from: reynolds243 on March 14, 2012, 02:57:39 PM
while doing anything outside you hear a crow and you  subconsciously stop and listen for a gobble.
I cant stop myself

Quote from: reynolds243 on March 14, 2012, 07:27:47 PM
Quote from: DeadEye09 on March 14, 2012, 05:18:17 PM
Quote from: Shellwaster on March 14, 2012, 04:04:05 PM
while driving down the road you are using your mouth call and recording it on your cell phone and playing it back to hear if your cadence and timing are good.

haha guilty!

Hahah me too. Just today infact

Guilty on all accounts. I was recording myself driving back from work yesterday trying a new mouth call and sent it to a buddy to see what he thought about it lol

joshb311

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Quote from: reynolds243 on March 14, 2012, 07:53:21 PM
Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on March 14, 2012, 06:58:50 PM
Your girlfriend is scantily clad on the steps when you get home from work as you walk to the kitchen  and take 3 minutes to conclude the conversation you're having with a choke tube manufacturer.......

the more i read this one the funnier it is because how descriptive it is, i actually think this one is a real story hahahah

You're onto something Reynolds.......

coyotetrpr

Quote from: harvester on March 14, 2012, 08:26:19 PM
Its easier to remember when turkey season opens, than it is to remember your anniversary.
You plan your wedding so that it will not interfere with turkey season.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

ferocious calls

I have the gobbler ring tone on my phone but had it on vibrate for a few days. Switched it to normal and forgot about it. Sitting in the living room and it goes off and I instinctivley duck down.
Happened twice that day!! lol

If your days are all mixed up and seem to blend together.
If you here gobbles when they aren't there.
If your mancave is wallpapered using gobbler fans.
If you roost like it's your job and disappear an hour before dark each evening.
Guilty!

ThicketThrasher

If you quit your job on March 1st and then tell you wife you have no plans to look for another one until the end of May.

sippy cup

When your at work welding stainless 16 pipe with a call in your mouth calling :funnyturkey: :newmascot:
beware of longdale legend

northms

Hilarious on all accounts.  I think the scantily clad GF is the funniest LOL.

I can hear it now.

"Not now baby, I'm looking to get 300 in my 10" ring."

"What?!"

"You wouldn't understand...."

lol

Wingbone

...if your local gunsmith knows how many shotguns you have and which ones have a red dot on them.

If the local sporting good store calls YOU to see what kind of turkey shells you want each year before it starts ordering. :funnyturkey:
In Hoc Signo Vinces

hwy419

Quote from: coyotetrpr on March 14, 2012, 10:43:21 PM
Quote from: harvester on March 14, 2012, 08:26:19 PM
Its easier to remember when turkey season opens, than it is to remember your anniversary.
You plan your wedding so that it will not interfere with turkey season.

Guilty! My anniversary is two weeks after end of season for this very reason.

longspur

You show up for work on time and they say " must not have been gobbling this morning"

lightsoutcalls

If you're sitting in the Cracker Barrel restaurant  and hear a woman laughing and swear it was a hen turkey. 

Happened a couple of years ago while in Nashville for nationals...  Maybe I just heard too many calls that day...
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

TauntoHawk

When your wedding aniversary falls right in the middle of turkeys season.. and your wife says, "We should go turkey hunting that weekend, we can go away in June"
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

eaglea1

Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 15, 2012, 08:36:25 AM
When your wedding aniversary falls right in the middle of turkeys season.. and your wife says, "We should go turkey hunting that weekend, we can go away in June"
This actually happened to me on our 25th! She is an awesome lady and friend as well as wife.. :angel9:

eaglea1

When Chuck Norris calls you for turkey huntin advice!