OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

You might be addicted to turkey hunting if...

Started by DeadEye09, March 14, 2012, 01:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbennett

This seriously happened to me today while sitting on the couch...I was sitting beside my wife daydreaming/strategizing when she (for the 3rd time) yelled my name. It startled and angered me at the same time because I was just about to shoot! You guys are reassurance that I may be crazy but at least I'm not alone. Awesome thread!!!

DeadEye09

Quote from: Shellwaster on March 14, 2012, 04:04:05 PM
while driving down the road you are using your mouth call and recording it on your cell phone and playing it back to hear if your cadence and timing are good.

haha guilty!

bdesanto16

You have your 2 year old son saying gobble gobble while you are practicing your calling. LOL!

mrlongbeard

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Your girlfriend is scantily clad on the steps when you get home from work as you walk to the kitchen  and take 3 minutes to conclude the conversation you're having with a choke tube manufacturer.......

mudhen

You have a turkey tattoo.

You have a spur made into a gold necklace.

You whistle at the turkeys at the state fair and try to make them gobble.  If it works, you tell everyone about it  ;D

There's more....

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

WildTigerTrout

while driving down the road you are using your mouth call and recording it on your cell phone and playing it back to hear if your cadence and timing are good.
I do transfer some of my mouth calls from the fridge to my vehicle way before the season starts so I can practice calling while driving down the road. I never thought of recording it though. Man you really do have it bad! :lol:
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

coyotetrpr

The month of April you change your alarm clock to one you bought from Cabelas. (Broken Silence) Sculpture of a turkey that cuts, gobbles, and the snooze is a shotgun blast.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

reynolds243

Quote from: DeadEye09 on March 14, 2012, 05:18:17 PM

haha guilty!

Hahah me too. Just today infact

reynolds243

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on March 14, 2012, 06:58:50 PM
Your girlfriend is scantily clad on the steps when you get home from work as you walk to the kitchen  and take 3 minutes to conclude the conversation you're having with a choke tube manufacturer.......

Hahah or the conversation with a buddy about some strutters you saw on the way home and a plan to kill them

kmac

You take the straw out of your drink and use it like a wingbone.

reynolds243

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on March 14, 2012, 06:58:50 PM

the more i read this one the funnier it is because how descriptive it is, i actually think this one is a real story hahahah

Frankinthelaurels

When my wife told me that my two year old son tried to yelp before he said MA'MA' or DA'DA'.... :funnyturkey:

harvester

Its easier to remember when turkey season opens, than it is to remember your anniversary.

bluetick58

Quote from: okiegobblers on March 14, 2012, 03:51:49 PM
How many of you have recorded turkey hunting shows on your DVR that your waiting to watch? I do...Addicted!
I do