Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

You might be addicted to turkey hunting if...

Started by DeadEye09, March 14, 2012, 01:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerhunt1988

You are on your phone posting in a "you might be addicted to turkey...." thread while on a 650 mile drive to hunt some public land osceolas.

okiegobblers

You might be addicted...if your on this forum! My wife thinks we are all nuts!!

wvboy

Your 6 year old son shows you the toy he is playing with and says "Listen Dad when I do this with it .. it sounds like a Turkey calling" :)
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

West Augusta

When you tryout a brand new call in the parking lot of the Post Office and wonder why people are looking at you.  :TooFunny:
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

okiegobblers

How many of you have recorded turkey hunting shows on your DVR that your waiting to watch? I do...Addicted!

kdavis31

You download turkey call ringtones on your phone just in case you forget to turn the ringer off when you go in the woods

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

reynolds243

Quote from: okiegobblers on March 14, 2012, 03:51:49 PM
How many of you have recorded turkey hunting shows on your DVR that your waiting to watch? I do...Addicted!

HA i have 5 or 6 recorded i will watch next week. That way the season is only a week away and i dont loose to much sleep.

Shellwaster

while driving down the road you are using your mouth call and recording it on your cell phone and playing it back to hear if your cadence and timing are good.

mikewhandley

i don't see anything wrong with any of these....my favorite is when i get to the job site, get out of my work truck and walk to where i'm working and remember that i still have my mouth call in from where i've been practicing my calling while driving to work.....

merocustomcalls

You notice feather buds are starting grow out of your face while shaving.

CT Spur Collector

If you forget to pay the May electric bill, (like I did one year)!  Wife is still mad!

:fud:

MouthCaller

I break out my mouth calls as soon as deer season is over lol

Spring_Woods

Quote from: reynolds243 on March 14, 2012, 02:57:39 PM
while doing anything outside you hear a crow and you  subconsciously stop and listen for a gobble.

Guilty as charged.

Sent via mobile
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

Ol'Mossy

You can't sleep right a month before the season starts

You start waking up in the mornings way before its time to go to work

Like someone else said you record gobblers sounds on your phone, mine starts out with an owl hooting then gobbles

harvester

:z-winnersmiley:
Quote from: Shellwaster on March 14, 2012, 04:04:05 PM
while driving down the road you are using your mouth call and recording it on your cell phone and playing it back to hear if your cadence and timing are good.

Dang, you been hiding in the back of my truck spying on me?