OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

So, I'm down to 2....Supernova or M3500

Started by joffutt1, March 14, 2012, 12:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one should I get

Stoeger M3500 APG
17 (70.8%)
SuperNova APG
7 (29.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

joffutt1

So, I've narrowed it down to 2 guns, the supernova and the M3500.  I had originally decided on the Supernova but after seeing the M3500 in the $600 price range and being a semi auto kind of made me rethink things.  Should I go with a higher quality pump or a lower end semi-auto?  I know that since the M3500 is new that there arn't any true reviews from being actually hunted with where the Supernova has had a few seasons to get some "tests". 

So, what's your take? 

Please don't start suggesting others.  If you really want me to consider something else PM me, otherwise it will just sidetrack my thread.  No i don't want an 870 or any Mossberg.

albrubacker

I have the Super Nova 26" APG. I chose it because it feels right when I shoulder it. I like the fact that they give shims to customize the stock angles, up, down, left and right.
So far I love it!!
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Hooks' n' Beards'

I Personally would Go with the Bennelli over the Stoeger,And Shouldnt you make this decision yourself?Take whatever everybody says like a Grain of salt.Guns are like bows,they feel different to each person,Plus its your money to spend,I Make my own choices when it comes to my Hunting equipment,Anyway,I Hope you pick the gun that you want and love the most,Good luck Turkey Hunting and enjoy which ever you choose.H'n'B'

Lightnrod

I would take the Stoeger over the Benelli. Don't know if you've actually picked up the Nova but that forearm rattles worse than a Mossberg. Stoeger should be nice for those 3.5 loads with the weight they have to put in the stock. Also if you like a auto better, why would you go with a pump that's not even the best pump shotgun you could get?

joffutt1

Quote from: Lightnrod on March 14, 2012, 01:28:56 PM
I would take the Stoeger over the Benelli. Don't know if you've actually picked up the Nova but that forearm rattles worse than a Mossberg. Stoeger should be nice for those 3.5 loads with the weight they have to put in the stock. Also if you like a auto better, why would you go with a pump that's not even the best pump shotgun you could get?

I have and it and held a 835 which felt like it was going to fall apart compared to the Benelli. No way I'm paying for a guy that rattles like that. The benelli did slightly but no where near the rattle of the Mossberg.

reynolds243

hahah man TO ME it is not even close. The 3500 is a BAD BAD gun (in a good way)!

MOStrutter

Benelli makes Stoeger and the 3500 isn't really a low end semi-auto.  The Mossberg 935 and Weatherby semi-auto's are low end, and many people on here swear by the 935.  I am personally thinking about buying the 3500 this fall for waterfowling and I have shot a lot of Benellis in my day.  There really isn't a close comparison between these two guns.

Hooks' n' Beards'

Quote from: MOStrutter on March 14, 2012, 03:40:38 PM
Benelli makes Stoeger and the 3500 isn't really a low end semi-auto.  The Mossberg 935 and Weatherby semi-auto's are low end, and many people on here swear by the 935.  I am personally thinking about buying the 3500 this fall for waterfowling and I have shot a lot of Benellis in my day.  There really isn't a close comparison between these two guns.
I Know Benneli makes Stoeger,I  Owned a P350 and my Best freind owns a Stoeger 2000,Mine was okay did the job,his is Junk,Has had several problems with it over the years,But i hear some real good things about the 3500,He is actually thinking of buying one,But to be honest there not among the Top Autos out there,Maybe somewhere in the midDle to lower end,But from what i have heard,Worth the money.i am not brand name loyal, i prefer stoeger/Benneli over Mossbergs and Remington's.Let me know if you get a 3500.I Might be looking for a New goose gun,We do alot of bird huntin up here.

savduck

Beretta owns Benelli. Benelli owns Stoeger, Franchi, etc. The M2000 early models had some issues. I had done a little research and this is what I was told. Benelli found out that the turkish company making the guns didnt have the best QC process. They came in and made changes to make the new M2000s better. They built a new more advanced factory and put into place the proper QC methods. I hear that a good majority of benelli autos re made in the same plant. I have two  M2000s and do not have any issues. I also owned two SBEs. Never had problems with the guns functioning but the POI was always off th POA. My Stoegers are both dead on.If you have a customer service issue with Franchi, Stoeger, benelli.....you end up using the benelli part of the company. If you ask them which one they have the LEAST amount of issues out of they will tell you their Stoeger line.

I think comparing Stoeger to Benelli is like comparing GMC to Chevy. I would go with the 3500 just because I prefer an auto and they dont rattle like those dang Novas.
Georgia Boy

reynolds243

Yup I own the 2000 and 3500 and not had a single issue from either and I use them both for ducks doves and turkey. The 3500 is a better gun without question then the 2000 and I love the 2000. Good customer service and an already great auto in my book

As I said that 3500 is a super super sweet auto at an even better price.

WildTigerTrout

Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

allaboutshooting

The Nova is proven but I hear nothing but good about the 3500. For me, it would be whichever gun felt the best when I shouldered it.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: allaboutshooting on March 14, 2012, 10:16:41 PM
The Nova is proven but I hear nothing but good about the 3500. For me, it would be whichever gun felt the best when I shouldered it.

Thanks,
Clark

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

archery1

Quote from: allaboutshooting on March 14, 2012, 10:16:41 PM

Take a kid hunting

grousec

I would always pick a semi auto over a pump.  And between those two I would for sure take the Steoger 3500.  I hear nothing but good things about the 3500.