turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rain Chalk

Started by TnTurk, March 13, 2012, 03:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TnTurk

Anybody ever use rain chalk on any of their friction calls? If so, did it improve the calls performance any or help the contact on the calls surface?

VA_Birdhunter

I use it for my copper call and some on glass.....for copper it works great really makes the striker grab hold.  I carry some with me all the time for that reason.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

Trevor2

Never heard of it. Anyone got any details?
Strutstopper

gobblingghost

I used it on my box calls and some my pot calls. My box calls I have dropped in water and picked them and shook the water off and went to using it. My long box works great with but if it wet it will change the sound. That being said it typically dries faster since i started using rainchalk. The only problem I have with it is I didn't invent it.

CallDr

Quote from: Trevor2 on March 13, 2012, 09:42:47 PM
Never heard of it. Anyone got any details?

Midwest sells it. It works on some callers when other chalk will not. Good to have!

www.wildtalker.com

mossy835

Bought some from woodbutchercalls.com works great so far, I will carry it with me as we are all web footed out here (rain).

Cutt

Has anyone purchased Rain Chalk from woodbutchercalls.com recently? Thought I'd give it a try, been well over a week and nothing? Are they making it per order, or what?

perrytrails

I'll have to give it a try...

Gamblinman

works great. Been using it the last several years on my box calls.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Cutt

Quote from: REBELYELL on March 14, 2012, 05:56:50 PM
http://www.woodbutchercalls.com/rain_chalk.htm

Has anyone ordered from here? Over 10 days, and nothing. No shipping conf. and didn't respond to my E-mail today?

mossy835

Maybe try calling them at 980-721-4328. I seem to remember they were out hunting when I ordered my first chalk a couple of years ago.

HFultzjr

Quote from: Cutt on April 10, 2015, 09:45:19 PM
Quote from: REBELYELL on March 14, 2012, 05:56:50 PM
http://www.woodbutchercalls.com/rain_chalk.htm

Has anyone ordered from here? Over 10 days, and nothing. No shipping conf. and didn't respond to my E-mail today?

Try giving them a phone call:
980-721-4328

Cutt

Try giving them a phone call:
980-721-4328
[/quote]

I'll give it till Monday then call, Thanks

Cutt

They did end up E-mailing me today, and said it shipped the day after I paid. So appearently it looks like our great USPS screwed up, mis placing it or losing it? Said they would take care of it, so I decided to wait till Monday to see if it does arrive, then let them know.

Also said they could send a mouthcall for my troubles, which is a very nice gesture. But why should they pay for a USPS mistake is the way I look at it? As long as they did ship it, they did their part, and the seller shouldn't be liable for USPS mistakes, as they get off too easy.