turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Help! Gobble Call

Started by Hardtime_NC, March 12, 2012, 08:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardtime_NC

I'm looking for a good realistic gobble call that sounds good and is easy to use.  Any ideas?

Thanks
Theres no dollar sign on a piece of mind!

Cutt

I had the haint and did not care for it, but the Hale Fire looks easier and does not sound too bad? And you can also produce the Jake Kelk? Check it out.

http://www.knightandhale.com/productdetail.aspx?id=kht6000

OLE RASPY

I use a primos gobble shaker call.Sounds good to me.

blacky

I talked to a friend in PA a couple hours ago and he bought the Hale Fire and feels like it will end up in the junk pile. He doesn't like it at aqll.
A  full line of calls.
www.genesturkeycalls.com

Houndstooth Game Calls

Thunder gobble is more powerful than any of them and seems to be user friendly!! Powerful!!! I got a haint and like it also steep learning curve though. Haven't heard anyone blow the hale fire yet but the other 2 sound good.

WyoHunter

There's a couple of videos on YouTube on using it. Also on the Knight&Hale website.
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

archery1

THE HAINT DOES SOUND GOOD BUT IT TAKES ALOT OF PRACTICE TO GET IT RIGHT
I HEARD PEOPLE THAT SAID IT WAS BAD BUT AFTER SUM PRACTICE THEY LOVE IT
PRIMOS MAKES A OK ONE AND IS REASONABLE PRICED
Take a kid hunting

TauntoHawk

The haint has the rasp and tone of a throaty gobble but the speed is too fast and is the hardest to learn and use. also most expensive

the Hale fire is moderately priced, easier to learn but takes some messing with. speed is better but tone is more hollow. Hard to rip a long gobble on, sound more like a jake but IS better sounding than a shaker.

The flextone is interesting because its the cheapest of them all but has the least amount of feedback so far. I think I will try one soon

You can get flextone, hale fire, and a tube call for the price of the haint and their DVD
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Houndstooth Game Calls

Taunto is right about fast with the haunt so I blow it like a duck call just how I do it I can slow the notes down that way as slow as I want. But like is said I don't use free air.

Turkey Trot

A Red Wolfe shaker or a Primos shaker will get the job done for nominal dollars, unless you want boutique and/or plan to use it more than occasionally.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

reynolds243

i got the flextone one today just to see what it was like. It is not "bad" and sounds good enough to use in the woods. It is the same air to blow a tube call but much easier.

I still like a tube call better but I may hold on to it and try from time to time.

TRKYHTR

If you can use a mouth call I would just learn how to use it to gobble on. here is what I use.

TRKYHTR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfXbBrZuuz8

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

superx2

i don't know how your doing that Joe but it sounds awesome    :turkey2:

SWAMPFOX

Tube calls make for great gobbles too.

Cutt

Quote from: Turkey Trot on March 13, 2012, 02:08:10 PM
A Red Wolfe shaker or a Primos shaker will get the job done for nominal dollars, unless you want boutique and/or plan to use it more than occasionally.

Never really cared for any of the shakers, have a Red Wolf and never use it. There's just something about them, I can pick that fake gobble out in the woods from other hunters very easily.