turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which 870?

Started by Trevor2, March 12, 2012, 07:32:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor2

Dads wanting to get a new 870 before next season. I told him I would ask on here and narrow some options. This will be turkey rig only.
Strutstopper

bushwhacker

Wally world has the 870 express sm for $379 here at home. It's camoed in realtree ap and has a 26 inch pipe with screw in chokes. That's the best bang for your buck. You can buy any of the special purposes but they are gonn run up in the $600 range.

Gobble!

hunter-b

Trevor2

Quote from: bushwhacker on March 12, 2012, 08:03:12 PM
Wally world has the 870 express sm for $379 here at home. It's camoed in realtree ap and has a 26 inch pipe with screw in chokes. That's the best bang for your buck. You can buy any of the special purposes but they are gonn run up in the $600 range.
He has an express with26" barrel and screw in chokes now looking for something else.
Strutstopper

chipper

Max Gobbler if you can find one.

Trevor2

More info on the max gobbler, never seen them.
Strutstopper

paladin

Max Gobbler gets my vote. A buddy picked one up after season last year. It is shooting well. It is all camo, Knoxx recoil reducing stock, fiber sight 3.5"chamber.
"have gun-will travel"

surehuntsalot

I agree,it is the best buy on an 870 SM
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Wingbone

I have the Max Gobbler and ShurShot, you can't go wrong with either but you will have an easier time finding the ShurShot.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

SKFOOTER

Quote from: Trevor2 on March 12, 2012, 08:19:14 PM
He has an express with26" barrel and screw in chokes now looking for something else.
Trevor, if your dad hasn't tried the Jellyhead .660/Hevi-13 #7 combination in his present gun, he needs to.   I got close to 300 pellets in a 10" circle at 40 yards with both the 3" and 3.5" shell in my 870 w/26" barrel.