OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What you got in your turkey vest?

Started by Turkeyslayer 101, March 12, 2012, 03:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

Quote from: Gooserbat on March 12, 2012, 06:14:28 PM
Handfull of shells, two slates, osage, perssimon, hickory and Dymalux strikers, five or six diaphragms from raspy to clear,  two mask, two pair of gloves, baby wipes, extra "Be Safe Sticker" for hunting in Missiouri, compact binos, skeeter spray.
Forgot owl hooter, bottle of water, scotchbrite & sandpaper, straw out pf an orange sherbet pushup to usr as a suction yelper (try it it works)
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

WyoHunter

WAY too much stuff! Of the calls I carry I usually end up using the same one most of the time!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

mossy835

My wife will tell you there has to be a kitchen sink in there somewhere.
Pot calls, box calls, crow call to annoy them, water bottle, TP, fire starter, chalk, scotch brite, sand paper, cell phone, rain pants and jacket, turkey shells and dead coyote shells along with a few grouse loads, leather man Juice X6 and a water purifier. Told you too much stuff but it is fun!
:fud: :newmascot:

CallMaker

3 extra shells, toilet paper and a whole bunch of other stuff. Enough to make my vest way to heavy!
Steven

Half fast

Quote from: CallMaker on March 13, 2012, 12:55:53 AM
3 extra shells, toilet paper and a whole bunch of other stuff. Enough to make my vest way to heavy!
about forgot the charmin :thanks:

omegafoo

David Mills box call
Supreme Strut Buster
Unknown name custom slate
too many strikers (did end up loosing my favorite last year)
box chalk
scotch brite pad
thermacell
extra gloves
extra headnet
turkey handle with measuring tape
2 extra 12ga shells
3 extra 20 ga shells (for the many times that I don't carry one - did I mention I don't own the 20ga that I've used in the past  :-\)
I'll throw a bottle of water in there and maybe a granola bar come opening morning
crappy crow call
woodpecker/hawk call

All my mouth calls hang around my neck (2 Perfections, 1 Tom Teaser, and 1 I can't remember the name of)

I'm sure there's something I missed...

eaglea1

Things I have; Mostly crappy calls and the other usual.
Things I want; Brian Mero trumpet, and anything better than I have.

ssramage

Nothing yet. Season starts in less than 2 weeks and I haven't even pulled it out yet

Eric Gregg

Well, let's see......
3 mouth calls
1 slate call
2 box calls
1 Slick Stick
gloves
mask
shells
coca-cola

This year I am leaving the dekes at the house, so I am going to be a little bit lighter.

BrowningGuy88

I am going to try something different this season. I am toting the Gobbler Lounger, Turkey Gun, a mouth call, the Crystal Freak, and a Lynch's World Champion box. Leaving the vest at home.

I am going to try it like this a couple mornings since these calls are what I generally use most. If I feel like I need more, I will drag out the vest and all the goodies!

cgarner1

I always carry my boresnake in mine along with everything else

stone road turkey calls

peanut butter and jelly sandwich, donut, slim jim, coke, oh and your insulin.
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

hoyt

I use to do the kitchen sink thing, but now days I just give my calls turns. Some one day some the other. I always try to go as light as possible and never do.

Hunting with flintlocks and recurves you'd think I wouldn't even use a turkey vest..but I'm not a Traditionalist or PC (period correct), I just like to hunt with flintlocks and recurves. However, to ease my conscious I sit on the ground and leave the seat cushion at home.

YoungJake

a box call, few mouth calls, pot call and some strikers, TP, my phone and wallet.

Basser69