turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best Auto Turkey Gun

Started by rebelman, March 12, 2012, 11:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cutt

I can't speak for many guns, being I haven't shot others, but can give a comparision.

I use a 11-87 SM with a shur shot stock, which surprised me when shooting 3.5 Hevi loads, as I didn't notice much difference as compared to shooting 3in. loads out of my old Moss. 500 before?

gobblingghost

i have a SBE and Baikal both shot great.

NHTurkeydude

Quote from: reynolds243 on March 12, 2012, 12:20:05 PM
well if recoil is a major part then remove benelli as the interia system reduces it more then a pump it does not reduce it as much as say a beretta or remington gas operated gun.

Beretta Extrema2 if money is no object or Remington VersaMax or Browning Silver would be my opinions.

however removing the recoil part the Benelli SBE2 would be my overall choice. Just personally a fan of the inertia system.

Cutt

Quote from: Cutt on March 13, 2012, 12:08:31 AM
I can't speak for many guns, being I haven't shot others, but can give a comparision.

I use a 11-87 SM with a shur shot stock, which surprised me when shooting 3.5 Hevi loads, as I didn't notice much difference as compared to shooting 3in. loads out of my old Moss. 500 before?

I have to rephrase this as I shot my 11-87 today with 3.5 Hevi. The 11-87 SM Sure Shot when shooting 3.5's definitely kicks less than my old Mossberg 500 shooting 3in.loads. No Black-N-Blue shoulder like my Mossberg gave me just shooting 3in., big difference, now that I think about it.

RutStrut

BROWNING MAXUS; I picked up a lightly used 3.5 all black stalker model with 28inch barrel off gunbroker early last year.  Not a big fan of barrels that long, but it really throws a great pattern.  Basically, its very light, low recoil and feels good. Only addition is an IC choke and tru glo rifle sight, Shot 3x last year at varied yards with Win XR=3 dead longbeards.  I did a lot of research and shot/handled as many of the upper end autos I could, Beneli/Beretta/SX3/silver and gold browning/ new Rem auto, Maxus was the best IMO.

JUGHEAD

Quote from: VAarrowslinger on March 12, 2012, 05:31:40 PM
The 935 shoots awesome patterns with Htl loads and an SSX .670 or carlsons .675 but it doesn't have much less recoil than my 870 SM or 835s
I respectfully, wholeheartedly disagree with that statement.

gobblezilla

SBE2 is an awesome shooter! Finicky no doubt, but once you find the right combo its crazy good. But that SOB will kick you like a rented mule!!! I love mine to death

Ross R

The only time the recoil has bothered me with the Sbe ii was when I tried mag blends the other day.

South Alabama

I have had a Browning Gold and liked the 'feel' of the gun, however it was terribly unreliable ... would not feed a 3.5"
I have an xtremma 2 with kick off and it is a joy to burn 3" steel shot (with or without the kick-off)... it shot a decent pattern with a rhino choke and hevi 13
I got a sure grip 870 SM this year ... it kicks