OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best Auto Turkey Gun

Started by rebelman, March 12, 2012, 11:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teke

I agree rebelman. Had an 870 sm, the 3 inchers would break your checkbone. Switched to SX3 Waterfowl, its allowed me to shoot 3.5 inchers with less recoil than the pump and 3's. Only auto's for me too.

chipper

SX3, Browning Silver, or Browning Maxus. The 11-87 Supermag with Shur-shot stock is nice too shooting 3.5 Hotdogs from Hell also.

cahaba

I have a SX3. It is very good on recoil. I only shoot 3" shells in it and average 223 hits @40 yards. The gun just feels right in my hands. I got the field grade with MOBUI camo and a 26" barrel.

zach06

I am a benelli fan and love both mine, but the super Vinci probably does kick more than some other autos.

cannonball

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

tomanyturkeycalls

Quote from: redleg06 on March 12, 2012, 05:30:16 PM
Get the Extrema 2.

I've had the SBE 2 and a few other autos and it's been the most reliable of all of them. It's my favorite shotgun and this is from a man that's has way too many shotguns to choose from...

x2  the sbe2 is kind of hard to fine the right choke and load for but once you find it its a awesome gun

grousec

I have a 935 with the pistol grip and I love the gun.  I don't like recoil at all not in trap guns or hunting guns.  I find the 935 is a gun that I can shoot the 3 1/2 in and not dread it.  I would not shoot the 3 1/2 before because of the recoil in the 835.  I think you would like the 935 or a Beretta.

WildTigerTrout

Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

rebelman

People seem to love the SBE but I have yet to see a pattern that will compete with the cheap 835. I don't see either in my future.

935deadbird

I have a 935 and its a great gun. I bought it new in 05 and I've taken alot of good birds with it. Its equipped with a mossberg .695 xfull flush fitting choke. Love it!!
"Another One Bites The Dust"

mdtkyhntr

I love the SBE II. Throws a great hunting pattern for me.

Turkeyslayer 101

Be sharp but don't cut yourself!

pcgobbler

1187 SM shurshot.  Never shot a Benelli.  One guy I hunt with has a SBE 1, but he always carries an 870 SM.  3.5" loads are heavy recoiling in the 1187, but not unbearable.  Remember shooting at a turkey, you ain't gonna feel it any way.  Most guys, myself included will only shoot 10-20 turkey loads an entire season.

Browning 10

I'm looking for a new auto myself, and I think I'm going with the Browning Maxus. It's advertised as the lightest recoil auto. It has the longer forcing cone, backbored barrel, and the model I'm looking at is drilled and tapped for a scope mount.