OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Old Cletus!

Started by Houndstooth Game Calls, March 12, 2012, 01:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Houndstooth Game Calls

I met the fella that invented Cletus plus he is made by the handicapped as I understood so I ended up with one. Just though I would see if anyone has used or seen old Cletus kinda neat concept!!

TauntoHawk

What I dont get is just leaving the cloth straight black and words writen all over it. If you do a quality photo print job on that like the fabric that is around the PHD pocket hen and this Would actually be a decent run - n - gun decoy.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TennLongspur

Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 12, 2012, 09:37:57 AM
What I dont get is just leaving the cloth straight black and words writen all over it. If you do a quality photo print job on that like the fabric that is around the PHD pocket hen and this Would actually be a decent run - n - gun decoy.

Agreed. But as it is, I could never use that. First, I'm not sure how effective it would be, but more importantly, I'd be afraid someone would see me with it.  :toothy9:
"The wild turkey possesses the remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness." - Tom Kelly

lightsoutcalls

I think I would rather just make a donation to a group that provides services to handicapped folks and use my DSDs.   :)
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Houndstooth Game Calls

Haha yall got me laughing I agree it's totally different and my best friend teased me about it said u try it first.  :TooFunny: I don't think turkeys will read his name on the side but :toothy12: :TooFunny: I did watch proof of the decoy working on video on public land which I believe. I am a little chicken to have that out in front of me on public land. I am going to give it a whirl try to get a bird on film with him see how it works think I will know right quick if he gets a look at him. Yes i am a dsd fan all the way also!

lightsoutcalls

Why would you be afraid to use it on public land?  If someone mistakes it for a real turkey, they should be shot.  Now, they might shoot you for thinking it looked enough like a real turkey to use it as a decoy...   ;D

Houndstooth Game Calls

Come on lights out you know you want one!! I gotta feeling you will be sending me a pm can I get the hook up on the Cletus!!  :TooFunny: I am gonna give old Cletus a try for the fun of it and I hope I can get it on film anyway..

longspur

It'll work as good as any tom decoy. A turkeys head on a stick will work just as often. Maybe not out in a field. To a stupid turkey there's nothing else it could be but another stupid turkey.

Houndstooth Game Calls

He did say that bright head is all ya need  long spur!!

OLE RASPY

Quote from: longspur on March 12, 2012, 01:33:04 PM
It'll work as good as any tom decoy. A turkeys head on a stick will work just as often. Maybe not out in a field. To a stupid turkey there's nothing else it could be but another stupid turkey.
:agreed:

lightsoutcalls

Somewhere I saw a video of a guy using a black 5 gallon bucket and a surgical glove painted  red as a turkey decoy.  The guy killed a gobbler standing next to the bucket decoy.  I wish I had a link to that video...

Houndstooth Game Calls

I don't doubt it lights out. I will say this I saw a couple video clips and the gobblers hated him they came running. I do know this the look he has is a more up rite cowering look like I have seen in the past. They probably just look at the brightness of the head. Who knows...

The Cohutta Strutter

Lyle, for what it's worth I do have one of their mouth calls. It's a real easy player that I know will be effective. It's the "coy hen" model, a 3 reed v cut. Hey, you may just be having the last laugh on this one.lol :icon_thumright:
Anybody seen America lately?

Houndstooth Game Calls

Well I watched a pile of birds die and never used a strutter till last season and never use a decoy in the woods but I think I will try this one just to see. I will post my findings. Yeah that mouthcall is the only one they make he's a good fellow and has alot of history with Doug camp I respect them and there calls great folks cohutta. As soon as I post a kill with Cletus lightsout gonna be Lyle I got to have one of them!! :TooFunny:J/k

cannonball

Let us know how it works. I'll stick to my Delta decoys for now.