OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Eastern Kentucky Tornado Pics:

Started by Kylongspur88, March 11, 2012, 08:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylongspur88

As many know a week ago Friday Kentucky was hit by a dozen tornados, 2 were F3's that hit in Eastern Kentucky. These are pics of Salyersville, one of the 2 towns that got hit the worst. Friends have shown me pics of West Liberty which got wiped off the map.

AndyH

Sad indeed. I spent last Sat through Thurs. down there helping restore power. Amazing what the power of mother nature can do. Seeing that kind of damage in person will make you thankful for what you have. Talked to a lot folks who lost everything. We were in Blaine and Inez.

Kylongspur88

It was bad. Eastern KY just doesn't get tornado's. It's a once in a life time type of thing. Some guys from church went up to West Liberty and Salyersville just to run chain saws last week. It's hard to get equipment in there with all the trees down. Thank you to you line workers, when everyone else is getting the heck out of dodge you guys are up in a bucket keeping the lights on.

handcannon

Wow! That is truly sad to see. A tornado is a horrible thing. Glad York ok.

flintlock

Horrible!  We drove through on the way back from down south on that sunday and couldn't believe how bad.  My bud that lives outside of West Liberty was ok, but his wife's place of employment is gone.

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

Eric Gregg

Unreal the damage those things can do.
Hope everyone was ok and prayers for the families and businesses that were effected.

kamski1151

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

VA_Birdhunter

Dear Lord....I've been through that area many times!  I hate to see that has happened so close to home!

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens