turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

if you was going to buy a 835

Started by pseshooter300, March 11, 2012, 06:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pseshooter300

Would you get it in 20 or 24 inch barrel?
Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

nyhunter

24". but i like the longer 24" - 26" barrels on all my turkey gun's The longer barrels seem to pattern better for me. A buddy of mine has ans 870 with a short 20" barrel and that gun just plain shoots awesome.

DblClk

I personally would go with the 24 inch.  I use a 28 inch as I like the performance I get from the longer barrel plus my guns are multipurpose turkey/bird guns.  Many guys I know use the 20-24 inch set ups with good results also.

sugarray

I would go with the 20"  It is what I have now and it shoots awesome.  I have not had any problem getting it to pattern well.  All that length to me is just extra weight and more to maneuver on a blind or when swinging on a gobbler.

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

chadabear

20...I dont think any difference in either bbl, but the less weight and shortness of carrying it around will be worth the buy for a 20"...
1 Samuel 12:24
But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.

Wycliff

I have both and the 20" out patterns the 24.

cannonball

goblr77

BowBendr

fountain2

20" turkey thug for me.  Better trigger system than the rest and a red dot.  Mine will shoot with the rest of the longer bbl out there.  I have 2 20" guns and have consistent 300+ with hevi 7s and have great patterns with nitros.  I will be testing several loads soon this week to see how it does and what im going to hunt with.  I have posted several patterns from them on here..search my name or either "fountain " and check em out.  If you can find an older ported 24 for cheap, then check it out, but new, the turkey thigh is a great gun

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

ILIKEHEVI-13

I myself prefer a 28" or 26" barrel.  But I do understand why some guys like the shorter barrels.  Having had a 21" barrel 870, they aren't for me.  But out of the choices you listed I would go with the longer 24" barrel. 

Offroadtek

What you using for aiming? Scope, bead, Irons? If using a scope barrel length doesn't affect anything. If your using a bead or irons then the longer barrel will make it easier to aim. I like a shorter barrel for turkey. I got a 21" for turkey and a 30" for things on the wing.

beagler

24". I have one and it shoots great.
Never Misses