OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Footware and sock combos

Started by ThicketThrasher, March 11, 2012, 05:50:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThicketThrasher

Every year I go through the same thing. Do a little walking and my socks either turn sideways or get wadded up under my feet. Have any of you found a good combo for socks with hunting boots. I usually just wear 1 or 2 pairs of cotton  socks. I have never try the wicking liners or any real expensive boot socks. What do you guys wear?

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

catdaddy

I got an idea a couple of years ago that was just the ticket for me---mens soccer socks.  They come all the way to my knee, will not work their way down during the day and have a nice cushion--this is the only socks  I will wear while turkey hunting.  

mountman62

diabetic socks, they also come all the way to the knees and help with the circulation from lots of walking
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

DirtNap647

i prefer under armour hunting socks

Gamblinman

Don't wear cotton socks against the skin, they will hold the moisture and make your feet cold. Wet feet also tend to slide inside your boot on the cotton, causing blisters.

These are excellent socks. I have pairs and pairs of them and it's all I wear:

http://turkeyshoppe.nwtf.org/p-969-turkey-track-socks.aspx
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

cannonball

Redhead Pro Team from Bass Pro

SKFOOTER

Redhead Snake Boot Socks from Bass Pro.  They're over the calf style and they'll stay up all day long!

Wingbone

I wear the UA heat gear/cold gear year round. Most comfortable socks I've ever put on my feet. They don't twist and they keep my fairly dry, which is very difficult for me here in Tennessee in the spring.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

Turkey Beard

I got a pair of what I think are called garters from Primos, don't think they make them any more.  Cost me $2.00.  Basically it's a stretchy band with velcro attachment that you wrap around your ankle.  I've NEVER had a sock to wad up in my boods while wearing these.
1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

hwy419

Quote from: cannonball on March 11, 2012, 08:32:27 PM
Redhead Pro Team from Bass Pro

AMEN! Best freaking socks available. RedHead Pro Hunting sock at Bass Pro. They sell different heights but the taller the better. Great arch support and go way up my leg. I wear size 16 boot and need as tall of a sock I can find. I can't help but wear them in the off-season. Matter of fact they are so great, I am wearing them now. The pairs are 10 dollars but are very durable and feel GREAT!

runngun

Yeah I like the bass pro or Cabelas they work great. One other thing I do is wear a tall liner sock by itself feet stay dry and warm !
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

TauntoHawk

Camofire whenever they run The lorpan light hikers are the best!!!

100% merino wool breathable and warm
paded heel and ball point
wont shift

I wear them hunting, hiking, camping, running

I have the light weight. mid weight, and heavy weight all great,  I have some liner socks I wear as well that were cheap and a pair of gortex socks for those really wet days and I dont want to wear mucks
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

rmck15

Under Armour heat gear or cold gear depending on the Temp.  Never had a problem with twisting or wadding up.