OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mag blends through a ssx?

Started by Trevor2, March 11, 2012, 02:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor2

Anyone got any reviews with this load through a ssx choke? Thinking bout trying it.
Strutstopper

bowhunter32

i shoot mine thru a 935 w/ mag blends 3.5".....quite impressive you wont be dissapointed i can assure you... :OGturkeyhead:

Trevor2

Thanks for the input. I may pick up a couple boxes and test em.
Strutstopper

MERCing

In my SBEII/SSX, with the 3 inch loads, I averaged a little over 150/10/40.

mrclif

Got a SSX in my nelli m2, shot the blends through it Sat. Got alot more in the kill zone but alot more flyers than HV Win 1 3/4 #5 that I'd shot the other day.
Dead turkey with either shell, but that .643 may be a little to tight for the blends. I think the HS #6's and 7's would produce better numbers through that choke out of my weapon.

mrclif

^^^^^what he said^^^^^^

But out of all the chokes I tried out of my nelli SSX was the cheapest and the best patterning that I've tried out of mine.

Trevor2

Quote from: slickyboyboo on March 12, 2012, 10:45:49 AM
Quote from: Trevor2 on March 11, 2012, 02:44:08 PM
Anyone got any reviews with this load through a ssx choke? Thinking bout trying it.

What kind of gun are you shooting? Different guns will react differently with this choke, because of thier bore diameter. An 835 has a bore dia of .775, and the SSX choke is .670. The SBE II has a bore dia of .723 and the SSX is a .643. If you have an 870, you have a .729 bore dia, and a .643 SSX choke. Loads can react very differently between those three guns.
Remington 870 special purpose 21" barrel I believe
Strutstopper

jasperjet

my scope should be here tomorrow I have an ssx and a hevi 13 choke to screw on a 26 in sbeII. Ill try to post the results soon

redleg06

Quote from: Trevor2 on March 12, 2012, 06:43:30 PM
Quote from: slickyboyboo on March 12, 2012, 10:45:49 AM
Quote from: Trevor2 on March 11, 2012, 02:44:08 PM

What kind of gun are you shooting? Different guns will react differently with this choke, because of thier bore diameter. An 835 has a bore dia of .775, and the SSX choke is .670. The SBE II has a bore dia of .723 and the SSX is a .643. If you have an 870, you have a .729 bore dia, and a .643 SSX choke. Loads can react very differently between those three guns.
Remington 870 special purpose 21" barrel I believe

Thats the gun I got and (i wish I still had the pictures for you) but mine liked the more open chokes better than the SSX. I had the best luck shooting a 670 pure gold with the blends in my 870 and then the .665 IC was a close second. I could have gone either way in picking between those two chokes but the PG shot pretty well.

Sorry for the picture quality but it was from my phone. The PG had a nice even pattern and decent numbers.