OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Big 12 Tournament Champions!

Started by jblackburn, March 11, 2012, 01:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblackburn

I got to give a shout out to my alma mater, MIZZOU for winning the Big 12 Tournament Championship!

It is good to be a Tiger!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

coyotetrpr

Take it and leave. Glad it wasn't Kansas. :icon_thumright:
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

jblackburn

Quote from: coyotetrpr on March 11, 2012, 10:09:23 AM
Take it and leave. Glad it wasn't Kansas. :icon_thumright:

I can't say that I am super happy about the whole SEC thing, but your right, at least it was not kU!

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

busta biggun

Congrats to Missouri from a Kansas fan. You all have a great team this year and should go far in the tourney. Good luck in the SEC.

MOStrutter

I would have loved to see Missouri beat Kansas one last time, but seeing the Tigers beat a Baylor team that was finally playing up to their potential was good to see.  Mizzou looks tough and hopefully get to their first Final Four and then let the Mizzou/Kentucky rivalry start.  Get ready Wildcat fans.

Turkey Beard

I can't tell you how disappointed I am that Missouri (ranked #5) didn't move up to a #1 seed.  I mean, #1, #2, #3, #6 all get beat and #4 just barely wins and they move Mich. State up when they're ranked something like #8?  This new math just doesn't add up for me. >:(
1UP GAME CALLS - Calls That Put'em On The Wall..
www.1upgamecalls.com

busta biggun

I don't understand it all either. Missouri is actually ranked #3 by the coaches poll out today. I don't get Michigan State either but everybody is all giddy saying that they REALLY deserved it. The commitee spokesperson was saying that they put Kansas as a higher ranked #2 over Missouri because of conference records and strength of schedule. That being said, if that were true Missouri should have ended up in North Carolina's bracket. I think KU got lucky because they are playing in St. Louis, but it seems that the Michigan State bracket is easier from a competition perspective. I would gladly trade with Missouri. I really don't understand the logic in all of their decisions but it is what it is.

MOStrutter

The winner of the Big10 really did deserve a #1 seed I think. They had the best conference overall, so its only fitting.  Missouri is fine where they got placed, but that Marquette/Mizzou game should be a great one. Either way, if you would have told me that Missouri would be a #2 seed in the tournament when Coach Haith got hired on, I would have laughed in your face.  National Coach of the Year hands down.

jblackburn

Quote from: busta biggun on March 12, 2012, 12:30:25 PM
I don't understand it all either. Missouri is actually ranked #3 by the coaches poll out today. I don't get Michigan State either but everybody is all giddy saying that they REALLY deserved it. The commitee spokesperson was saying that they put Kansas as a higher ranked #2 over Missouri because of conference records and strength of schedule. That being said, if that were true Missouri should have ended up in North Carolina's bracket. I think KU got lucky because they are playing in St. Louis, but it seems that the Michigan State bracket is easier from a competition perspective. I would gladly trade with Missouri. I really don't understand the logic in all of their decisions but it is what it is.

First, let me say that I appreciate the civility, sometimes the MU vs. KU thing gets nasty.  I do enjoy the good natured poking fun toward kU, so feel free to do the same to me.

I also do not understand some of these rankings.  Apparently, MU got blasted for the non-conference schedule.  Yeah, there were some "easy" teams, but MU also blasted a ranked Cal team by a wide margin.  KU had an tough schedule, UK, Duke, Georgetown, but lost to UK and Duke.  KU had some cake games, South Florida, Florida Atlantic, and a loss to a suprising Davidson team.  So apparently the "experts" that seed the teams like a tough non-conference schedule with losses than a zero loss non-conference schedule. 

I would also say that KU's history had something to do with it.

I'm not complaining about a 2 seed, though.  I never expected this success!

www.gooserbatcalls.com

busta biggun

Hey jblackburn,....I usually try to be a 'cool" fan as I have a lot of MU friends since we all live in KC. I have no problem with good-natured ribbing, it is a lot of fun. I can only tell you what the guy said who was on the selection board. I don't remember his name, but he clearly stated that it was SOS. I am not sure exactly how they rated it, but I sincerely doubt that they applaud people who schedule and lose difficult games. Keep in mind we beat OSU when they were ranked #2. Also our conference record was two games better.

Regardless, as I said before it doesn't appear that MU got hosed too bad. Kansas and MU have about the same chance in my opinion to get to the FF. We shall see.

jblackburn

I really hope MU and KU make it to the final four!  Since they may never play again (or for at least a long time) a last game that is a Final Four could be the absolute best game of the tournament!

www.gooserbatcalls.com

El Pavo Grande

Congrats to MU.  I would like to see them make a deep run in the tournament.  I am a diehard Arkansas Razorback fan and remember the good games with Mizzou in the early 90's.  I hope the Razorbacks can get back to that level soon.  I think we will with Mike Anderson in time.  Do you Mizzou fans think this year's success would have been similar with Anderson as the coach?

I have also always been a KU Jayhawk fan.  If I'm not rooting for the Hogs, KU has always been a favorite of mine.  I am a big fan of Roy Williams and Bill Self.

jblackburn

Quote from: El Pavo Grande on March 12, 2012, 04:39:38 PM
Congrats to MU.  I would like to see them make a deep run in the tournament.  I am a diehard Arkansas Razorback fan and remember the good games with Mizzou in the early 90's.  I hope the Razorbacks can get back to that level soon.  I think we will with Mike Anderson in time.  Do you Mizzou fans think this year's success would have been similar with Anderson as the coach?

I have also always been a KU Jayhawk fan.  If I'm not rooting for the Hogs, KU has always been a favorite of mine.  I am a big fan of Roy Williams and Bill Self.

First, let me say I am a big Anderson fan (after Quinn Snyder, anything was an improvement!) but I am not sure we would have had the success.  We have the same basic team as last year, but there is so much team chemistry and unselfish playing that was absent from last year.  The "Fastest 40 Minutes) is a good strategy with the right team.  Haith has just been able to modify that strategy and build a team. 

I really think you will like Anderson as a coach once he gets a team built.

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Mike Honcho

First I have to say I'm a KU Fan...alma mater is Fort Hays State University (unless from Kansas you probably won't know where that is) but my daughter just graduated KU a couple of years ago.   I was very impressed with Mizzou this year and sometimes I have been disappointed in KU's inconsistency....but MU has had its share too (KSU)   It will be interesting to see what happens in the tournament...I hate to say it but I think this might be a year KU doesn't go too far in the tourney.  Good luck to all the "current" Big 12 teams in the Tournament!

stinkpickle

HEY!  What kinda sick $#!T is this?  KU and MU fans talking to each other?  You can't officially do that until next year.  You should be ashamed!  :D