OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Daughter's First Bird

Started by BOFF, March 10, 2012, 11:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Well youth season was today, and my daughter wanted to go. We headed out early, and were late due to unforeseen circumstances, but made the best of it.

Set up on 3 occasions, and the third one was the ticket of success. I was able to film it, but the software I had crashed for the video editing. So that will come later.

We were tired and were badly caught off guard. I was playing with my daughter's new hearing protectors, and calling, when a flash went running by the blind, 5 yards to the right on a road, headed to the decoys. It was four jakes looking for loving. After I got the hearing protectors on my daughter, pulling her face mask up over her eyes, attempting to readjust the face mask, and finally getting the video camera up and turned on, I missed a lot of video. If it gets put up, you can hear us laughing while the turkeys are doing their thing.

Both Henrietta and Goober, our decoys got bred and molested badly. It was two to one.  :TooFunny:

Faith made an excellent shot, and followed directions to a "T". I believe I lost more control than her, trying to hold the camera with one hand, situate her mask turned blindfold, and keep an eye on the gun barrel to blind relation. I was so focused on Goober getting beat up, I didn't even notice one of the jakes breeding Henrietta.

It was a great time!!!!

Here is a short, unedited clip of the hunt in lower quality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHHfWU9_Gco

God Bless,
David B.

This one is for Joe (TRKYHTR). Thanks again!!!

cannonball

imtalkinturkey

Very cool congrats to the both of ya

Nick_The_Tinkerer

WOW CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :you_rock:

jde

Thats great stuff Congrats young lady.. :icon_thumright:

sippy cup

beware of longdale legend

K9Doc

That's a great memory.  You were truely blessed today.
Thanks for sharing.
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

jblackburn

Congratulations to the young lady!  That is wonderful!

I am very jealous that your season has started and I have 20 days to go!!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Huntin Kidd

Way to go! I didn't think I could enjoy turkey hunting anymore than
I do until I took my son out and he killed his first. Again, Good job!!

CASH

Awesome.  Congrats to Faith and yourself
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

chatterbox

WTG, David and Faith!!!!!!
That is one handsome bird! Gotta love those smiles, they say it all!!!!!! :icon_thumright:

Ol'Mossy

Congrats to you both  :icon_thumright:

Nice video too  ;D

ctwny1

Congrats to the young lady and to her Dad.

slawman

man, congrats, great job.....good stuff right there

AndyH