OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pattern gurus!!! Finally!

Started by Trevor2, March 10, 2012, 04:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor2

After two seasons of battling with dads gun I finally got it decent. Williams sights, ssx choke, and gave him my Hevi #6 and put 257 inside a 12" circle at 40 yards. There are some wholes in it but its good enough to kill a bird and to be quite honest im tired of messing with this gun. What yall think?
Strutstopper

VaTuRkStOmPeR

rtsj

Now go buy your dad two boxes of shells and he will be ready to go. What does he think of the pattern?  He happy?

Roy

Trevor2

Quote from: rtsj on March 10, 2012, 04:13:59 PM
Now go buy your dad two boxes of shells and he will be ready to go. What does he think of the pattern?  He happy?

Roy
He is more than happy. I believe something is wron with this gun though we had to adjust the rear sight as far left as it could go just to pull the pattern to center of the board. I gave him my hevi shot, as my gun will shoot win hv #6 like no other lol Im just glad the battle is over lol :funnyturkey:
Strutstopper

rtsj

Quote from: Trevor2 on March 10, 2012, 04:20:35 PM
Quote from: rtsj on March 10, 2012, 04:13:59 PM

Roy
He is more than happy. I believe something is wron with this gun though we had to adjust the rear sight as far left as it could go just to pull the pattern to center of the board. I gave him my hevi shot, as my gun will shoot win hv #6 like no other lol Im just glad the battle is over lol :funnyturkey:
Good deal buddy.  Gotta take care of Dad! :icon_thumright:

nyhunter

:z-winnersmiley:  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: your ready to take Paw hunting. I can tell you from experience there's not much that compares to calling in your dads first turkey and watching him get all excited.

cannonball

Im glad you got it sorted out. That pattern will smoke a bird. :icon_thumright:

Tom Foolery

tyelper

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Trevor2

Quote from: tyelper on March 10, 2012, 09:27:55 PM
what kind of gun is it!!!
Remington 870 12 ga. 26 " barrel, ssx choke.
Strutstopper

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Javi

chatterbox

Great pattern!
Now go have some fun, and kill a thunderchicken! :icon_thumright:

allaboutshooting

Congratulations! That looks great.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."