turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Early Spring?

Started by Jayhawkeye, March 10, 2012, 01:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayhawkeye

Who else is experiencing an early spring?  It looks like it's an early spring in eastern Kansas.  We got less than 6" of snow this winter!  the projected early march high temps of 70-80 degrees; gosh, it might be in the 90s by April.  uggg...  The country landscape is turning green with yellow patches of daffodils a couple weeks early.  the birds were hammering away when i went to check my trail camera on last Thursday.  the season can't arrive fast enough.  It should be an interesting season!!!
Rock Chalk Jayhawks!!!  Gobble, Gobble, Gobble...  Go KU!!!

surehuntsalot

it's coming in here in Mississippi 2-3 weeks early
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

savduck

Its about 3 weeks early down here. We are starting to green up already and the azaleas are blooming.
Georgia Boy

GOLD HUNTER

:icon_thumright: STARTING TO LOOK LIKE SPRING HERE IN VA. AND WE HAVE JUST ABOUT 5 WEEKS 2GO.

wisconsinteacher

I agree.  It was 50 today while ice fishing.  I was hoping for 2 more weeks of ice, but it might be gone in the next few days.  We are 3 weeks ahead.

Spring_Woods

I know  I'm very concerned ad well 

they are calling for mid 70's by Wednesday...I'll be listening 
"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

Jayhawkeye

the weatherman said, we will be 4-6 weeks ahead of a normal spring after the warm weather this week.  ugggggggggggggg!!!
Rock Chalk Jayhawks!!!  Gobble, Gobble, Gobble...  Go KU!!!

Reloader

We are early here in North Louisiana. 

I'm already seeing a good many single hen tracks here and there, which makes me think some are already nesting.  I hope they get alot of breeding in before the season opens in a couple weeks.  It should beat those years where they are still in a winter pattern.

hoyt

It's 75 here now in S. Illinois and suppose to be 77 tomorrow.

paintbrush

It's been an unreal weather pattern here for months now. All our snow is gone! For north central MN. for this time of the year, that is almost unheard of, ever!  66 out yesterday with highs in the mid to upper 60's for the rest of the week and at least thru the weekend. Average high for us this time of the year is in the mid 30's. Maybe there is something to this global warming stuff.  ???

WyoHunter

Weather Channel said this winter is the 4th warmest on record and that spring is on it's way!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

DirtNap647

Frank_T

Spring time weather up here in NH. Today anyway !

Cutt

Our Season in PA starts at the end of April, and in years past with a normal Spring, activity seems to die off the last two weeks. Not sure how an Early Spring is going to effect it this year, but I'd have to think not too good, being the Season starts way too late to begin with in my opinion?

CT Spur Collector

Very nice here today in PA. 65 plus. I'm also concerned that this season might be over early this year. Don't be discouraged though, hunt hard everyday (if you can). I just hope the rain holds off this year. Last year I think it rained all of April and May. Hard on hunting and hard on the hatch.
:fud: