turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Saturday devotional 3-10-12 Taking it for granted

Started by rempumpman, March 09, 2012, 11:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rempumpman

I had to spend a few days in the hospital b/c of illness ( I'm ok now) but while there, I witnessed some others who were really at their ropes end; I am so guilty of taking the everyday blessings of life for granted; had a little sickness but some I saw while there would never leave alive or they had a very long stay ahead of them; my mind wondered to the upcoming spring hunt and how I planned to go hunting all season but was thrown into reality that I am NOT promised tomorrow nor is my health; those people I saw would have given everthing they owned to be able to just enjoy another day outside; my lesson is simply this, NEVER  take for granted your health and ALWAYS give God thanks for each and every day; and also, take a little time to visit those who are ill and in the hospital and nursing homes; don't forget to pray for those less fortunate; pray for God's compassion and may we always give thanks for life in general.

God Bless..........................rem............................. :jesus-cross:
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

Roostem33

It is so easy to get cought up in our every day lives and to take for granted just how blessed we are!!! Thanks for the reminder Rem!!!

God bless,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

BOFF

Glad your doing better Barry!!

Very true!! It's so easy to get forget the simpler things in life, like life itself, and counting every day as a blessing from above.

God Bless,
David B.