Benelli Supernova
6 (8.6%)
Browning BPS Hunter
19 (27.1%)
Rem. 870 SPS SM APG
45 (64.3%)

Total Members Voted: 68

joffutt1

Even though its a good problem to have, I have been having a terrible problem picking between these 3 guns.  I love the Benelli but not sure I can get one where I am at.  The 870 has a lot of fans on here and its proven and I have also heard great things about the Browning BPS and how it felt like a much better made gun that the 870.  So, if you didn't have any of the 3 which one would you pick and why?

I know, sad isn't it.  :TrainWreck1:

Hooks' n' Beards'

I Went with the Browning Bps 12 ga Turkey gun after first buying a Stoeger p350 and a Remington 870 Express Shurshot Turkey gun with a 20' Barell and a Red dot in Mossy oak obsession.Both were nowhere the Quality the Browning is Action wise and Fit and Finish.I Like the Shurshot grip but it jammed non stop as did the Stoeger for my buddy.I Love Everything about the Browning bps,But i would look at a 870 Wingmaster or an Auto from Remington again,i just would never buy a Cheap Express model.But they will all do there jobs,Well mine jammed on a Tom after i needed a 2nd shot to keep the bird down,My old man had to finish the bird off with a Winchester 1300.That was enough for me to sell that gun and it was brand new last feb 23rd,Used it on 3 Hunts.Too bad cause i wanted that gun for almost 2 years then it let me down when i needed it,First day i bought my Bps,I killed my Biggest Tom to date with it,That sealed the Remington's fate.Good luck.

mudhen

BPS first choice, but nothing wrong with the 870 either....

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Philippe

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Spring Creek Calls

A light pump gun with a 22 to 24" barrel and 3" chamber.

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

joffutt1

Not interested in the 835.  I handled them multiple times and they felt cheap, unbalanced, and both times the camo finish was coming off.  This wasn't any issue with the others listed. 

Full Flight

I Know you gave three choices.  All three are very good choices.  My choice however was the 835.  After all the research I felt this gun gave me the best Bang for my Buck.....Pun intended

Hooks' n' Beards'

I Dont even consider Mossberg when i buy a Shotgun,My buddy won one at a NWTF Banquet and he still hates it,Finish is not great,Action is loose ,Gun has jammed on him and it kicks like a mule.I Have shot it and i would use it if i won it,But i would not buy a Mossberg,I Beleive its a 535,For free its a great Gun.He does hunt with it and has killed 2 toms with it,Just hasnt bought another gun yet.It almost knocked his Wife on her back when she shot at a tom with it,He since bought here a 20 Gauge Reminton Pump.lol

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I have an 870 and a BPS.  The 870 is the best bang for the buck.  However, my BPS, using the exact same choke tube as my 870, will outshoot my 870 with every HTL and Lead shell I've tried.  So I voted for the BPS.  It's Awesome at the patterning board.  

I turkey hunt with my 870, because my BPS has polished bluing and nice wood on it, while my 870 is parkerized and has a camo synthetic stock and forearm.  My 870 is better suited to turkey hunting, and also patterns better with Buckshot as well.  Deer or Turkeys = 870.

However, if I set up in a blind, I'm taking the BPS.

tomtamer25

If price was an issue I would get the 870 because its cheaper, if not I would get the Browning.

USMC0331

1st choice is 870, why? US made,Has excellent track record in hunting,military and law enforcement applications and it patterned the best of the pump shotguns I've tried.2ND would be the nova,why? Very close to patterning as well as 870 very easy to take apart clean and maintain.

goblr77

Curtdawg88

As far as the 3 choices you have up there go the 870 is a no brainer.  They are inexpensive, pattern great, SO many accessories for them, and you can't beat the reliability of them.
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."