turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Been a long time coming

Started by misfire, March 08, 2012, 03:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

misfire

I was fortunate to have a true "hero" as a friend and a team mate for a few years. All he ever wanted was to be a SWAT team member, and once he made it, he was a great asset to us, both professionally and personally. He was a big guy, strong and fast and very "A" type personality. An aggressive yet passionate officer, just as proud to arrest the baddest of the bad as he was for helping someone out in need. On September 29, 2006 he died in the line of duty. A POS who was wanted out of New Orleans for two counts of murder attempted to ambush another officer. The POS was firing two handguns at the retreating officer when "Step" ran around the corner, saw what was happening, and then moved himself into the line of fire so the officer could safely take cover. Step was able to engage the POS, firing 13 times, 8 of which hit center mass of the suspect. During the firefight, Step was mortally wounded by a round from the suspect that entered under his vest, travelled up through his neck and severed both carotid arteries. The 5 remaining rounds in which Step missed were fired as he fell to the ground and bled to death. He sacrificed his life for a fellow officer without hesitation, to me, that is a true HERO.
Today we dedicated our outdoor range to the memory of my friend, Dennis Stepnowski

Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

wisconsinteacher

That is a nice way to honor a true HERO. 

Hognutz

That is an outstanding way to honor your buddy. May he rest in peace.   :cross2:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

RutnNStrutn

A nice tribute to a real hero.

barry

A hero indeed. Sorry for your loss.

redarrow

mossy835

Mossygoose

Wow. Sorry for the loss. What a great way to honor him

Roostem33

Thats awesome Lee, he was a true hero!!!

Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

timbrhuntr

Can't bring him back but a least now he will always be remembered.

TN-Hunter

A tribute to a real hero, I am sure his memory will live forever with you and his team mate. Thanks for the story :mycross:

vaturkey

That's a great tribute to a great hero ! Rest in peace Step !  :jesus-cross:
Vaturkey

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Eric Gregg

Man, now that will tug at your heart strings.
Great way to honor a hero.

Cove

Thank you Step.

A wonderful way to be remembered.