turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fiocchi rimfire ammo - Anyone try it?

Started by lightsoutcalls, March 08, 2012, 11:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

I recently traded a Marlin .22 mag for a Ruger 10/22.  The mag was a bit rough on squirrels with anything but a head shot and ammo price kept me from really "enjoying" it.  I had a 10/22 about 25 years ago and missed it. 
   I was curious if anyone has used the fiocchi .22 long rifle ammo and what you think of it. ???
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

SWAMPFOX

lightout, i have tried it and was not overly impressed compared to other brands available. the lack of consistency from bullet to bullet was a factor. one of my favs and most accurate out of my 10\22 volquartsen is 30-40gr. cci in jhp. its funny u say u traded your .22mag for .22lr as i have parted with  all but 2 of my .22lrs and have put together 2 .22mags in 10\22 and 77\22 within the last year. i love to shoot them all though. green box was impressive too.
swampfox

lightsoutcalls

I have my eye on a volquartsen barrel and trigger assembly, but plan to hold off a bit.  The barrel is more than the gun cost and the trigger assembly is over half what the gun cost... YIKES!!!  I'm also looking at the Hogue overmolded stock.  I kicked around the idea of the Ruger SR 22, but didn't care for the extra weight.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Hevi-5

I tried several different brands of sub sonic/target rounds recently.  The most expensive I have tried was Wolf target - around $6 a box.  I used to get them for $3.  They are also the most accurate I've tried(I haven't tried Eley or anything that expensive).   My 10/22 shoots Wolf into one ragged hole @ 50 yards. I just bought several different brands of sub sonics to try. I shot them though a stock Remington 504 and a 10/22 with a Green Mountain barrel, trigger job and Hogue overmolded stock. I tried sub sonics from Remington, Fiochi, Wolf, Aguila and the 60 grain Aguila sniper sub sonics. Both of the Aguila's didn't cycle the bolt well in the 10/22, but were plenty accurate with the exception of one 60 grainer that appeared to have tumbled (keyholed). The 60 grainer was very accurate out of the 504 bolt action. The 10/22 grouped well, with all the others that I tried through it. I wouldn't hesitate to use any of them in the 10/22 except the Aguila's, mainly due to the problems with cycling. The Fiochi's were almost as accurate as the Wolf ammo, and cost about $2 per box less than the Wolf. I'll probably buy some more of the Fiochi's the next time I order some.  I have a buddy that just bought a Clark Custom barrel and it shot the Remington sub-sonics very well.  I brought him some Wolf and Fiochi to try but I haven't found out how they shot in his gun.

Hevi-5

SWAMPFOX

Wendel,spent your money on trigger group first then go from there. Don't overlook power custom and Clark custom both great comps. I really like the hogue overmold as my new 10/22 volq. 22 mag is now wearing it. Also, thanks for great aluminum call u sent me couple of yrs ago it has called up a couple of birds.
Swamp