News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Can someone tell me about Stoegers?

Started by joffutt1, March 08, 2012, 10:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

Quote from: intherut on April 18, 2012, 11:27:15 PM
I just bought a p-350 for my first turkey gun and i really like it. I'm having trouble finding the best choke/shot combo thought. Can anyone give me some ideas on good choke/shot combos for turkey hunting. Thanks...

I'd recommend that you consider the Hevi-13 Turkey Choke for that gun. I have several readers who shoot Stoegers and have purchased that choke. They've all reported excellent results. Most are shooting 3" Hevi-13 "Bronze" shells with either 2 oz. of #6 or #7 shot.

I would also encourage you to "deep clean" the bore. It helps more than you might imagine.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

pullit

I have a 2000 and have killed several turkey with it.

bandedhonker

I own a 3500 as well as several friends.  They pattern great and we have had zero issues with them.  They fire and eject every kind and length of shell we have fired through them.  Can't go wrong for the price and they clean easier since the inertia spring is in the forearm not in the stock like the original Benelli.   

Britton40

rdmar

I love my 3500  wouldn't get rid of it for anything

savduck

I own two m2000 s. one pistol grip and one straight grip. They have a break in period, but once you get past that they are awesome guns. I've killed about 10 turkeys with the pistol grip.

Mine like Indian creek 665 with winchester extended range 6 s or Hevi 13 2 oz 6 s. it has a killer 40 yard pattern and some fudge built in.
Georgia Boy

kcd

Have the 2000 with the Indian Creek choke and a red dot scope I shoot Hevi Shot #7s 3 inch I consistently get over 200 pellets in a 10 inch circle at 40 yards. For the money it makes a pretty good gun. I use this gun as a designated turkey gun. Killed a big gobbler Monday at 45 steps and it really bloodied his head good. The only thing I dont like is I got too short of a barell its like 20 21 inches. If I had a 24 or 26 inch barell it might even pattern better. Bottom line good gun for the money and I hear they are getting better and better.