OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Can someone tell me about Stoegers?

Started by joffutt1, March 08, 2012, 10:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joffutt1

I see the 3500 and the p-350 online and know that Benelli owns them but what about quality? Should I hold up on the Supernova purchase?

devin4484

The p350 isn't too bad of a gun it makes a great starter gun.  Unlike the nova's the foregrip on em it dont rattle.  The auto's have the same inertia driven system that benelli has in all their auto's which is great.  Only problem I have ever encoutered on them is the camo wears off easy.  My m2000 is missing almost all the camo on the pistol grip and for grip from carrying.

reynolds243

I have both the 2000 and 3500 and to be honest you should not judge the 3500 from the 2000. The 3500 is a much more solid gun and most of the issues some had with the 2000 have been correct on the 3500 including the camo.

I personally love both of them but the 3500 is a bit more "beefy" and solid and has some upgraded features from the 2000. For the price i see them as one of the best options for an auto loader out there without a doubt!

both put out some VERY nice patterns as well

Hooks' n' Beards'

I Owned the P350 Camo Turkey gun,It was a Good Cheap gun,It did its job killed 2 Birds with it,But it jammed alot for the guy who bought it from me,I Never had it jam but i also only used it for Turkey huntin and probably only put 50 Rounds through it in 2 Years.I Found it was decent but i would not buy another Stoeger,Im done buyin Cheaper Shotguns,After i spent a little more for a Decent gun,I wont go back to Lower priced shotguns,Imo you get what you pay for,But Overall it did its job for me.If its in Your price range,I Will be honest,I Liked it better then my Rem 870 Shurshot Turkey Mag that i paid 300.00 more for.But thats not saying alot because all that Remington wanted to do was Jam.

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

MOStrutter

The 3500 is a much better gun than the Nova.

unworthy

I just bought a 3500 and love it.  Cycles target loads all the way up to the 3-1/2" Mag Blends with ease.  BTW I shot 3-1/2" Mag Blends through a Hevi Shot brand choke and got 274 in 10".  The 3500 gets my vote!

reynolds243

Quote from: unworthy on March 08, 2012, 03:11:37 PM
I just bought a 3500 and love it.  Cycles target loads all the way up to the 3-1/2" Mag Blends with ease.  BTW I shot 3-1/2" Mag Blends through a Hevi Shot brand choke and got 274 in 10".  The 3500 gets my vote!

yup right about what i got with the same combo, i was getting in the high 260's with the mags and hevi shot choke.

joffutt1

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

reynolds243

miles better then the supernova IMO.

Bustabeak

I have owned both the Nova, P-350, and I now have a 3500. I had nothing but problems with the P-350 so I traded it and bought a Nova. I can't say anything bad about the Nova it is a very nice pump but once I bought the 3500 I wouldn't go back to the nova. I love that 3500! For the money I don't think you can go wrong with the 3500 IMO. I just wish I had the time and money to find the best choke and ammo selection.

ghillie

FYI-  If your local gun shop does not have one..or the one you want, just be aware that they are on back order (60-90 days) due to their popularity.  I ordered one the first week of Janurary and it still has not shown up..  The season is right around the corner and I couldn't wait any longer.  I went with a different gun...

NC-struts

I did a good bit of research on Stoeger before getting my p-350 turkey edition and found it to be mixed feelings about them.  But like said above I wanted a decently solid gun for my first dedicated turkey gun and the p-350 fit pretty well.

intherut

I just bought a p-350 for my first turkey gun and i really like it. I'm having trouble finding the best choke/shot combo thought. Can anyone give me some ideas on good choke/shot combos for turkey hunting. Thanks...