OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How many of you use a Tube Call?

Started by redleg06, March 07, 2012, 06:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redleg06

I've never tried a tube call before or really even seen one used by anyone I hunt with and I've thought about adding one to my bag of tricks but wanted to hear some opinions on what they may bring to the table over some of the other calls out there.

handcannon

Tubes are really cool to run and you can puta bit of emotion in your calling with them. I'm no expert behind one and I've seen some guys on YouTube who only think they can blow one. With a bit of practice, it might just be the meal ticket on that bird who is heavily pressured. I know I plan on using one more this year.

woodwzrd

I wouldn't go out to the turkey woods without at least one tube. I like to take two that are tuned a little different. I always tell everyone that with enough practice you can make any sound on a tube that you can on a mouth call. Just like handcannon said it just might be the one call that gets the job done for you.

TRKYHTR

I've hunted with a guy (Preacher) who called to a turkey that would only gobble to the tube he was using. He called him right up and then the gobbler busted us. They have a little different sound that the gobblers seem to love. I would use one just to get a gobble or shock gobble a turkey until I started using a baffled tube. You can get real soft and make some sweat sounding yelps with it.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

cannonball

I just got my first tube today from Mike Yingling, I am going to need to practice some to get it sounding right.

otis

i would love to master one  i own a lot  i  just need    to learn how to use  it

otis

hunter-b

woodwzrd

Hunter-b there are a bunch of us on here that make tubes. I have a really sweet spalted hackberry tube just about finished up. I just need to glue the lip stop in and she will be good to go. If your interested shoot me a PM. Here is a pic of the one I entered in the Minnesota NWTF call makers competition this year.

hunter-b

Thats very nice . PM sent .

runngun

I use one and ain't leaving home without it!!!
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

swampgobbler

i started making some this year, and they are extremely versatile.  you can do almost anything on a tube call

Spring Creek Calls

Once mastered, the versatility of a tube is unmatched. From soft clucks and yelps to aggressive purring, cutting and gobbles. I've noticed that I can get a similar "hollow" sound out of a single reed diaphram call if you have trouble with the tube.

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

flatliner

I wouldnt leave home without one. You get to where you can run one and you wont either. I would leave everyother call I have at home and wouldnt go back for them but I would go out of my way to get back to the house and get my tube if I had every other call I carry with me.

Here is one I have for sale.  It is a piece of Macassar Ebony that I have stippled. it is baffled $35 TYD
The second one is my personal hunting call. It is stippled Cocobolo

Kehl

neal

Won't go to the turkey woods without one!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

WyoHunter

I have one that I need to use more often. I need to have more consistency with it. I'll keep trying!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!