OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

frustrated

Started by MouthCaller, March 07, 2012, 02:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MouthCaller

Ive been out two mornings trying to hear some birds on the roost and have yet to hear any. Ive seen some gobblers strutting with hens in a field in the middle of the day but I just havent heard anything yet I dont know what the deal is, its been warm and alot of other people are reporting on here that they have heard them. Its still 3+ weeks until season but Im getting frustrated.

mnturkey

Maybe the turkeys are silent already, with this warm winter we have had they might be finished gobbling down south.
SEMPER FI

Wingbone

Don't get too frustrated yet. I live in West Tn and the birds here aren't saying much right now for whatever reason. One of my buddies goes every morning starting March 1st of each year, and he's only heard a couple birds in the past week. These are areas that normally hold 30-40 gobblers in the winter.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

MIDDLEFORK

Just be patient it will not be long before they are doing their thing.

CASH

They may just not be ready in your area.  Patience Grasshoppa
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

joshb311

They've been tight lipped around our way as well in Southeast Georgia. I can't wait to hear my first talker this year.

cannonball

I'm close to you and haven't heard any gobbles either. It's still a little early, we have 24 days left until season opens. I wouldn't be worried just yet.

richieii

I need to start writing the dates down. Was in the woods just like you monday morning and not a peep. They have been pretty shaken up with all the wind  lately.
I was pre-hunting in Northeast Florida.