turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

11-87 Sights

Started by stinger27, March 07, 2012, 12:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stinger27

I have a 11-87 that has rifle sights. My rear sight is a truglo that is broken. I called truglo and they sent me one that was supposed to fit but it doesn't. Does anybody know what Remington used on their guns. Thanks

TANK

I had a 11-87 a few years ago that had busted up fiber sights on it. I replaced mine with factory iron sights like the ones they put on their rifles. Worked fine for me. Hope this helps............

Cutt

I have a newer 11-87 with rifled sights, and the manual does specifi Tru Glo on it, not sure why they wouldn't fit? But not sure why you wouldn't call Remington first if it came with the gun?

stinger27

I did call Remington They are the ones who told me to call Tru Glo. Tru Glo new what I was talking about and said these were the ones. I just wondered if anybody knew the Tru Glo model number or anything. I bought the gun used so I don't have a manual. Thanks for the help. And if anyone has some that fit I would love to know a model number.

Cutt

I checked my manual and it has no part number listed for it? I just think it's odd, that Remington produced the barrel and probably installed the sights too, but can't tell you what sights they put on your particular gun?

Whereas Tru Glo produces so many different versions, they probably do not know, unless you talk to the right person who deals with Remington? But I still think Remington has to know what model sights they purchased or contracted from Tru Glo for their guns?

Sure Remington might want you to go through Tru Glo, but I think it's Remington's part to tell you what sight part you are in need of, to let Tru Glo know?

sippy cup

Williams fire sights is what i use
beware of longdale legend

Flyrodder

Quote from: Cutt on March 08, 2012, 09:41:53 PM
I checked my manual and it has no part number listed for it? I just think it's odd, that Remington produced the barrel and probably installed the sights too, but can't tell you what sights they put on your particular gun?

Whereas Tru Glo produces so many different versions, they probably do not know, unless you talk to the right person who deals with Remington? But I still think Remington has to know what model sights they purchased or contracted from Tru Glo for their guns?

Sure Remington might want you to go through Tru Glo, but I think it's Remington's part to tell you what sight part you are in need of, to let Tru Glo know?

I agree. :funnyturkey:
Flyrodder