OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

vest type

Started by tha bugman, March 07, 2012, 12:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

I know that this gets asked all the time, but since I am a newbie to this forum I will ask it....what vest do you use?  I got the Ole Tom Essentials and I can't wait to use it.  It has definitely made me trim down what I am carrying in the woods for sure, which is what I have been trying to make myself do for years now!  :happy0064:

Gooserbat

I used untill I plain wore it out a Super Elite II but I just bought a Tim n Motion
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

flatliner

Cabelas tactical tater only way to go

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

mdtkyhntr

I like the limb hanger.

cannonball

chatterbox

mudhen

Super Elite III.

I've destroyed all the others, Super Potato included, and the SE III at least lasts the season....

mudhen
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

redleg06

coyotetrpr

Primos gobbler vest. I love it.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

J-Shaped

I use a Mossy Oak Bob Dixon vest, but unless you look really hard on Ebay, they can't be had any more, and the ones you do find go for a pretty penny. I've worn several styles over the years and this one has it all and is made to last.

That said, last year I switched to the Ol Tom DuraLite Essentials vest for something cooler during the late season and really enjoyed it. I plan to do the same this year. My only complaint is that I'm spoiled from the cushion on the Dixon vest and the Ol Tom was a bit of an adjustment. I like it because you don't even feel like you're wearing it.

DeadEye09

I just got the Ol Tom Essentials vest too and I like it so far. I think its going to help down here in GA when it gets hot!

headbanger

Ol tom essentials...makes it very easy to pack lite

headbanger

hoyt

I've got one of the older Whitewater leafy vests with zip off long sleeves. Haven't seen one I like better yet.

remmy1187