OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Kansas After May 21 Need Help

Started by agturkey, March 07, 2012, 01:16:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agturkey

Have some public land to hunt picked out in late May leaving out May 21 or 22.  If you have any info on good public land in KS or maybe a good contact for sMall fee private ground hunting please pm me or let me know.  I am looking for a place to spend few days with one other hunter.  I have some areas I plan to go but looking for better or backup options.  This is a do it yourself trip not looking for a high dollar guide.  Thanks

Spring Creek Calls

I plan on going to KS in late April or early May. Would be happy to share some info from that trip once it happens. Good luck!

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Neill_Prater

Check out WIHA's (Walk-in Hunting Areas), maps available online at the KDWP, or they can mail you a book. Late May, is, in my opinon, a good time to go, because you will run into very few nonresident hunters, and most of the locals will either be tagged out, or tired of hunting by then. Good luck.

Brshpile

Quote from: Neill_Prater on March 07, 2012, 09:24:55 AM
Check out WIHA's (Walk-in Hunting Areas), maps available online at the KDWP, or they can mail you a book. Late May, is, in my opinon, a good time to go, because you will run into very few nonresident hunters, and most of the locals will either be tagged out, or tired of hunting by then. Good luck.

Ummm, maybe tagged out but nobody around here gets tired of hunting. It is all we have to do! Dont kid yourself on that.

coyotetrpr

Here in missouri we know why the wind blows from east to west. Kansas sucks. :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :lol:
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

Jayhawkeye

find an open field to hunt because the woods will be too thick by late may.  the Kansas spring is coming early this year too.  IMO late season hunting will be tough this year.  good luck.
Rock Chalk Jayhawks!!!  Gobble, Gobble, Gobble...  Go KU!!!

stinkpickle

Quote from: Jayhawkeye on March 08, 2012, 12:58:07 AM
find an open field to hunt because the woods will be too thick by late may.  the Kansas spring is coming early this year too.  IMO late season hunting will be tough this year.  good luck.

Indeed.  I went over Memorial Day weekend during a "normal weather" year, and the many of the fields were too grown up to hunt in.