OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

sbe 2 .. winchester xtended range 3.5 in 2oz 6shot

Started by tomanyturkeycalls, March 06, 2012, 09:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomanyturkeycalls

Anyone shoot the winchester xtended range 3.5 in 2oz 6shot in a sbe2.... if so what is your choke, restriction and what kind of numbers are you getting.... Thanks

allaboutshooting

Quote from: tomanyturkeycalls on March 06, 2012, 09:14:28 PM
Anyone shoot the winchester xtended range 3.5 in 2oz 6shot in a sbe2.... if so what is your choke, restriction and what kind of numbers are you getting.... Thanks

I have a number of readers who are having excellent results with that gun and those shells with the Wright's #3 Turkey Choke. That choke has a 1.3" parallel section with a .650 exit diameter. It's non-ported with a crowned muzzle and is rated for all lead and tungsten-based shot.

More of my readers shoot Hevi-13 shells than the WXRHD shells but for those who shoot the WXRHD shell, that choke has always been a favorite and an excellent performer.

They are  limited production choke tubes and not always available but when they are, I purchase all that I can and make them available.

I hope that helps some.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

nyhunter

My SBEII has a 24" barrel, with those shell's the I.C .665 did the best 170-190 in a 10" at 40yds. I have a kicks .655 that i'm gonna try in it when the weather gets better. Here's the other chokes i have tried with those loads. jellthead .660 -114 ,  Pure Gold .670 -148  , comp n choke .658- 122,  final strut .655-116 , .660-135 ,  .665-140 ,  As you can see this gun does't pattern the best.

2much2loud

Weather was decent but a little windy today I have 24" SBE 2 and used those shells today with a kicks GT .655 and got 165 in the 10" circle barrel was not as clean as it should be

nyhunter

Quote from: 2much2loud on March 07, 2012, 06:05:22 PM
Weather was decent but a little windy today I have 24" SBE 2 and used those shells today with a kicks GT .655 and got 165 in the 10" circle barrel was not as clean as it should be
I bet on a calm day your numbers would be very close to mine with the I.C.665, 170-190.

2much2loud

With the wind we have had in NY I don't know if I will ever find out

Borden811

Anyone else with a SBE II shooting the ER 6's? I just ordered some to try after my recent hevi 13 experience. I've got a jelly head, and indian creek, and a dead coyote tube to try them in. I've got my hopes up.