North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bass Pro Gift Card

Started by Gooserbat, March 06, 2012, 12:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one would put a $25 Bass Pro card toward.

Claw gun sling
15 (36.6%)
Thermacell
26 (63.4%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: March 10, 2012, 12:04:59 PM

Gooserbat

I judged a calling contest a few days back and I recieved a $25 gift card from Bass Pro.  what do you guys think I should do get either a Claw sling for the ol' Black 870 or pick up a Thermacell.  

I might add I don't have either.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

mr meat

for me i would rather go in the bush without my sling then my thermacell so i vote thermacell

sugarray

Crappiepro

I'd go with the thermacell. Reason being even after turkey season you can use it in the boat or while camping. The sling would only used during hunting season. I would get more use the Thermacell.
Good Luck, Crappiepro

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

turkey slayer

Quote from: mr meat on March 06, 2012, 12:42:46 PM
for me i would rather go in the bush without my sling then my thermacell so i vote thermacell
:agreed: 100% never go with out a thermocell.

Wingbone

It's hard for me to imagine heading into the woods without my gunsling, but it's even harder to imagine going in without my Thermocell. However, if you you do more walking than skeeter swatting(in Mo and Ok), then you may be better off with the sling.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

sugarray

I say sling.  In WV I have a thermacell, but the bugs are minimal during my season April 23 is opening and lasts 4 weeks.  Tics, now that is a different story.

MOStrutter

The claw slings are a staple on every hunting gun i own.  Thermacells always seemed like a waste of money. I use permanone on my clothes before season and it one less thing i have to worry about packing in my vest

CASH

Quote from: sugarray on March 06, 2012, 02:32:28 PM
I say sling.  In WV I have a thermacell, but the bugs are minimal during my season April 23 is opening and lasts 4 weeks.  Tics, now that is a different story.

But he's not in WV.  :whip2:

Thermocell
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Gooserbat

Well it's like this I already have a sling it's just a Claw is a better one.  I don't have a thermacell so I don't know what I'm missing. 
NWTF Booth 1623

Half fast

i would buy a box of winchester xtended #6 shot and send in the coupon for a free thermacell........... just sayin  :OGani:

joshb311

Quote from: Half fast on March 06, 2012, 05:44:37 PM
i would buy a box of winchester xtended #6 shot and send in the coupon for a free thermacell........... just sayin  :OGani:

x2

nstrut

i say buy both  one will b free

sugarray

Quote from: CASH on March 06, 2012, 02:47:19 PM
Quote from: sugarray on March 06, 2012, 02:32:28 PM

But he's not in WV.  :whip2:

Thermocell

We are on a fairly close Latitude, so I was figuring a similar climate, he just doesn't have mtns

:whip2: :whip2: