OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

First pot call attempts on the lathe

Started by hookhntr, March 06, 2012, 01:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hookhntr

Ok, so im new to call making and new to this forum(which is awsome by the way) and I got a lathe a couple weeks ago and after somewhat getting the feel for the lathe, here are my first three pot call attempts. Zebrawood aluminum over glass, Coccobolo crystal over glass, and macassar ebony copper over glass. Remember, im a newbie at this so dont be to hard on me but please give me yalls feedback on them and let me know what I could do to improve them. Thanks for taking the time to look at them. I am proud of the way they turned out for my first few but I know there is plenty of room for improvement. I am amazed at the calls Ive seen on here! Thanks again

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

misfire

Dadgum, wish my first ones turned out that nice. You did really good
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

redarrow

"and let me know what I could do to improve them"

Send them to me. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:. They look great.

Basser69

tomanyturkeycalls

Pots look great.... the sound of them is first and foremost

pappy

As always it is great to see new blood in the art.....these look great, your choices of woods is what I saw first, these are all super woods to use for pots. The choices for combinations with the striking surface and the soundboards also is a great one. I would try copper over slate just to tone it down a little, and reverse the aluminum over glass with one that is glass over aluminum....you'll notice a big difference in the sound.....try matching the strikers to the pot, making it a combination that would result in those "purr-fect" turkey calls.....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

TN-Hunter

cannonball

twinters

I have never made a pot type call,but have made a few crude box calls,mine never really looked to good, but sounded ok,so I was satisfied ,those pots you made look real good keep it up, and soon people will be mailing you a check for one of them.

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

hookhntr

Thank yall for taking the time to look at my calls. I appreciate all the input and confidence boosters. The aluminum and crystal calls sound great but the copper call im not happy with how it sounds. Ill have to try pappys suggestion on it. Thanks again everyone

WillowRidgeCalls

Looks like your off to a good start, fine looking calls.  ;)
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!