turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Maple Burl aluminum over glass SOLD PENDING PAYMENT

Started by woodwzrd, March 05, 2012, 06:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodwzrd

Maple Burl Aluminum over glass. She is a talker. I have run this call with several strikers and it sounds great. $40.00 Shipped

Rope

Freedom is NOT free

Spring Creek Calls

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

CallMaker

That's a pretty piece of wood. I have a spalted maple call Glass / Glass that I don't go to woods without it.
Steven

archery1

Take a kid hunting

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

Turkey Trot

Nice looking call.

Is that aluminum anodized?

What is the difference between that surface and the black and green alum surfaces we commonly see?
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

woodwzrd

No it is not anodized. The green and black stuff you see is. I have kind of gone away from using anodized and blasted aluminum for one main reason. That reason being that blasted and anodized aluminum do not need to be conditioned. they simply need to be wiped clean with an alcohol wipe once in a while. I have found that even though you tell guys not to rough up the surface a lot of times eventually someone is going to take a scotch brite pad to it. For that reason I try to stick with the plain old slick aluminum like what is in this call. Just as with the slick aluminum with the right striker and the proper surface care anodized makes a really nice call but improper care will destroy it in a big hurry.

Rope

Freedom is NOT free

woodwzrd

I have it paired up with a tiger maple striker and I am making a carbon striker to go with it as well.