turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Russell Outdoor brand camo clothing issues

Started by Philippe, March 05, 2012, 01:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philippe

I recently ordered an entire set of Bottomland clothing that Russel Outdoors produces and i have to say the pattern looks awful. It is all faded out and look like it has been washed 100 times or they used old faded out fabric. It looks nothing like what is on theirs or Mossy Oaks website when i compair it to their pictures. I have contacted Mossy Oak and they cant help me. I have tried to email and call Russel but nobody will reply or answer. Has anyone else notices this trend with this brand of clothing?

dlquinn

Bought some Breakup camo this spring from Russell and did not have any issues...fast shipping and pattern looked just as expected.
NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

WVhuntEER

I bought the Russell explorer bottomland pants and shirt.  I really like mine.  I think it is supposed to look faded.

Philippe

I dont see how it would be effective being all faded out. I remember the old Bottomland being darker and more crisp looking than this set i got the other day. Sofar no answers or replies yet from Russel, waited on hold for 25 min at lunch, i'll try again at 2:30

BrowningGuy88

Mine looks great. I bought it before Christmas directly from Russel.

Eric Gregg

I own Mossy Oak bottomland pants, shirt, hat, gloves, facemask, and the patterns on all are more blended than the "original" bottomland.
This will help it blend in a lot better in more environments.
Bought the pants and shirt from Mossy Oak's website, and the gloves from Primos and face mask from Primos. All look the same.

CASH

Only issue I've had with them is the pant legs are so big I look like I'm wearing M.C. Hammer pants.

The one time I wore them I swore I heard a gobbler I was hunting tell me, "Can't touch this!"
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

sippy cup

Ever since they got mossy oak the quality has gone down and they are doing away with a lot of mossy oak patterns and replacing them with realtree especially the apx series that mossy oak started they have very little anymore in infinity or treestand  >:( >:(
beware of longdale legend

Eric Gregg

Quote from: CASH on March 05, 2012, 05:25:35 PM
Only issue I've had with them is the pant legs are so big I look like I'm wearing M.C. Hammer pants.

The one time I wore them I swore I heard a gobbler I was hunting tell me, "Can't touch this!"

:TooFunny:
Dude, I am short, and when I tuck these pants in my snake boots, I just about have to walk bow legged to keep from making noise. They are baggy.

HARDCORE

Excuses, excuses . . .  :whip2:

HC

bcc2011

I have a mossy oak treestand set and a jacket, no issues here and love the durability for the harsh mountains.
Brother Custom Calls

kdavis31

I feel the same about the pants being to baggy.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

rawalley

They are thick, baggy and faded but there aint that many options out there
STAY HOME!

Philippe

Ok, I finally was able to talk to someone at Russel. The guy told me the cotton clothing is naturally like that but you can expect the pattern to be richer and look better on some of the other clothing like the Ripstop and Trekker lines of clothing. We also had a short conversation about bringing back old school Green Leaf cloathing! I will be in contact with them about the Green Leaf again soon. Just out of curiousity how many of you would buy Green Leaf clothing if it came back for a short time?

J-Shaped

Too funny and same here!  ;D I'm not sure how they sized them, but relaxed fit would be a gross understatement. I feel like when I stand up after setting up on a bird that the back of my pants are still on the ground. Hopefully they make some changes.

Bought a pair of the Browning Wasatch series pants and they look more like the original Bottomland and fit like they should. In fact, I just ordered another pair.